Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release 9 connection issues

Hi,

Prior to release 9, NT7 was dropping connection after my ISP changed the way they reassigned IP addresses (with a faster refresh I think).

The release notes for update 9 indicated a fix for this had been implemented. However, it seems a new problem may have emerged.

NT7 has now dropped connection (to Kinetick live feed) and is unable to reconnect despite a restart.

An error msg "Login failed: Unable to read server IP addresses: No more data to read. whenever a reconnect is attempted. Multiple restarts failed to correct the problem.

Update - it seems NT will connect OK to PFG, but not Kinetick (whether connected to PFG or not). PFG gives L2 data whereas I only get L1 data from Kinetick - perhaps this is a clue?

Further update - I should have mentioned I always connect to Kinetick first, then PFG only if needed

The release note stated:

Improved 4620 Kinetick adapter Support dynamic IP address leasing changes by detecting disconnects from L1 or L2 data feeds
    Last edited by rt-trader; 02-24-2012, 03:02 PM.

Hello,

As a test, can you please try connecting to the Kinetick End of day connection? Do you recieve the same error?

In my experience the error you are providing is typical of a firewall or other security software preventing the connection. If you have not, I would suggest restarting your PC and any network hardware such as a modem or router.

If you need to make any exceptions in your security for Kinetick, please use the addresses below:

Primary Server Farm IP Range: 66.112.156.x
    Backup Server Farm IP Range: 66.112.148.x
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to connect to Kinetick EOD, and after I did that, I was then able to reconnect to Kinetick Live, so I am not sure what is going on.

There has been no changes at the firewall or security sw level and since I have never seen this issue or error msg before, it suggests something related to the release 9 changes.

If that is so, I will no doubt see this again so I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Comment

rt-trader,

Thanks for the update and please keep this thread going if you see any thing else on this build.

Have a great weekend!
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post aussugardefender  
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM