No strategies in Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No strategies in Strategy Analyzer

When I go to backtest strategies, I see no strategies available in my dropdown box even though it shows them in the tree structure on the left. I am including a picture of this issue

Mark
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This means that you have a DLL / Strategy imported that is not compatible. Most likely a very old version of the strategy or is not up to date and it is causing corruption here.

When this started happening what is the last strategy you installed?

-Brett

Comment

I exported my strategies and indicators from another instance of ninjatrader that I have no issue backtesting on and loaded them in this instance. I tried redoing this with no luck. I have done this before to a third instance of ninjatrader without issue.

Comment

Hi hamburglergt,

It's most likely caused by using an assembly intended for earlier versions of NinjaTrader. You can remove this using File > Utilties > Remove NinjaScript assembly.

If you aren't able to make any progress, best would be to contact support by email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com. Include your phone number, availability, and a link to this thread so we can assist via remote support.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When i try to remove a ninjascript assembly, the window is blank, no ninjascript assemblies

Comment

There's something wrong with your NinjaScript installation and it will be best if we can connect to your computer to take a look.

If you want to start from a clean slate, you can follow these uninstall instructions. Step 4 is critical for removing all custom items and installing NT clean.
            Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

1. Close all running applications.
            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
            4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
            5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
            6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
            7. Reboot your machine.
            8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
            Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes