Mulitple use of ATI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mulitple use of ATI...

Quick question...is there a problem with using the ATI in multiple ways at the same time. What is I mean is this:

I have a piece of 3rd party software that assists is managing trades. When a certain criteria occurs while holding a position, it will send a "Close Position" signal and flatten me out. What I'm curious about is, if I were to purchase or develop a piece of NinjaScript code that entered trades... (i.e....when a certain criteria occurred, it would send a Long/Short signal)...would the two be able to both utilize the ATI together?

To say it another way, is there any problem with running two pieces of 3rd party software that utilize the NT ATI...one to enter trades, one to manage them?

Thanks for your help as always.

Hello jbhansen7,
    Thanks for writing in and I am happy to assist you.

Yes, you can able to run a NinjaScript and a ATI simultaneously. But it depends on what command the ATI/NinjaScript is using.

If you are using the internal position quantity and submitting it to close the position then there is no problem. On the other hand if you are using NTCommnd with the close/flatten command then it can be an issue. For example with NTClosePosition, NinjaTrader will close any position associated with that instrument and will disable any NinjaScript strategies associated with that instrument.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes