Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I identify Market Analyzer windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I identify Market Analyzer windows?

If I have more than one Market Analyzer window, how can I tell which is which? I would like to tell them apart when they are iconized, and especially when they are expanded. Simply knowing which stocks are in each is not reliable (overlap, contents change).

Thanks,
    EV

(This is an expanded version of an earlier query which requested a way to set the title in the title bar. I know that cannot be done, but I want to ask whether there is any other way to address the problem.)

Hello ETFVoyageur,

Unfortunately this is not supported. There is no real setting to differentiate multiple Market Analyzer windows in the Windows task bar. However if you have Windows 7, you will see a mini version of the Market Analyzer in the task bar. If different background colors are used, perhaps you can differentiate the Market Analyzers that way.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand about the task bar -- I guess that means there is also no way to differentiate them when open (other than which stocks are in each)? A settable title bar is the only way that has occurred to me -- I was just hoping you had some other clever suggestion.

The problem with using different colors is that I use the same template for each instance. I do use coloring, but it is things like red/green bull/bear coloring, so there is no coloring difference between the windows. I'll think about whether there is something about coloring I can use for this purpose.

Thanks,
      EV

Comment

Yes, unfortunately I do not see a different way. I will forward your suggestion to support a title bar as per the Market Analyzer.

Comment

I thought some more about your suggestion and did find a way for color to be a sensible work-around. Thanks for the idea.

--EV

Comment

Good to hear you found a usable workaround using colors.

The suggestion to support title bars for Market Analyzers has been assigned to ID# 707.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes