Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL data feed abruptly stopped at 14:01

Hi,

I suspect this problem was caused somewhere else, but will post this in case you guys at Ninjatrader would be able to tell what the heck happened today to CL (March contract) data feed right after 14pm... I got scared big time, uhh!

At 14:01.57 CL went into exact 16 tick range for 3 minutes, then the datafeed just stopped. ES, GC, 6E etc were working just fine.

Any idea what happened?

Thanks.

CL feed just came back at 14:21 and continued exactly at the price point it got stopped at 14:04.57.
    It looks something weird happened in CME datafeed... Anyhow, any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

OK, here is an update from CME: "The following actions will be taken on CME Globex Crude Complex Futures and Options markets prior to the market opening: All day and session orders, including GTDs with today's date will be cancelled. All GTCs that have been acknowledged will remain working."

Doesn't sound very good. Anyways, just wanted to follow-up to my previous message/inquiry.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for including the CME update you found.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All,

Looks like the exchange is having technical issues. This would affect all feeds and trading was halted. It is unclear at this time when trading would resume.

-Brett

Comment

Yeah, it wasn't Ninja or even Zenfire. Something weird happened on CME regarding CL today and boy, I got scared big time when I saw that price action right after 2pm and wanted check in immediately if there was any quick explanation.

Thanks for your quick response, Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by gain247 View Post
              OK, here is an update from CME: "The following actions will be taken on CME Globex Crude Complex Futures and Options markets prior to the market opening: All day and session orders, including GTDs with today's date will be cancelled. All GTCs that have been acknowledged will remain working."

Doesn't sound very good. Anyways, just wanted to follow-up to my previous message/inquiry.

Thanks.
              Thanks for posting this, can I ask where you found it?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's on their website.

I guess my next question would be....what does that mean? When it says "All day and session order, including GTDs with today's date will be cancelled," does that mean all order placed at any time today, or does that only apply to OPEN orders with today's date? I know this isn't something Ninja staff can help with, I'm just asking anyone who might know.
              Last edited by Radical; 02-13-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielTynera  
              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post yertle