Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executing strategy on second connection

Hi All,

As suggested in this forum, I first connect to Kinetick (free) for daily charts, then to ZenFire. This setup ensures that I always get EOD data from Kinetick while tick, minutes, etc... data from ZenFire.

My problem now is that when I execute a NinjaScript strategy from the chart against Sim101 account, it tries to execute it using Kinetick connection. The orders are getting rejected as a result since Kinetick connection doesn't support order execution. The chart displays minute data so it's definitely using ZenFire connection.

Is there a way to control which connection is used when running a strategy? Or Sim101 account is always linked to the first connection?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the Sim101 account. You would not experience this on a live connection, however when in simulation the first connection will be used. Since Kinetick EOD does not offer real-time data, there is no data to drive the simulation engine with this configuration.

You will need to disconnect from the EOD feed when trading in simulation. As long as you do not force a reload on your daily charts, the Kinetick ETH data should remain for your Daily charts.

Alternatively, you can use a 1440 minute chart from Zen-Fire with an ETH session template to replicate a daily bar.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

OK. Thanks for the info Matthew.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM