ICE_WCE and ICE_NYBOT not supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICE_WCE and ICE_NYBOT not supported?

I'm using Pats Systems broker connectivity and Kinetick. I see messages in my log file when I connect to pats that says "Exchanges ice_wce ice_nybot not supported by Ninja Trader. I have access to the symbols through Pats according to my broker, but I don't get any data at all. It doesn't matter if I connect to Kinetick or Pats first.
    Is this soley an issue with NT 7 ?

Thanks,
    Ed

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

There are two items here.

1) With pats we do not support the two ICE exchange you mentioned with Patsystem connection, this is a limitation with NinjaTrader, this is due to a technical limitation.

2) Kinetick does not provide data for ICE exchange.

-Brett

Comment

When did NT stop supporting ICE exchanges on Pats? If I had known that, I would not have bought NT 7. Is it documented somewhere?
      Is there a plan to fix your code to support the ICE exchanges on Pats?

thanks,
      Ed

Comment

Brett, is it only Pats and Kinetick which don't support ICE data? I asked in this thread about ICE data on Kinetick and also on Zen-Fire, and I was told that it's only Kinetick that no longer supports ICE data.

Comment

Hello,

With our Pats connection it is possible that exchanges are supported by your broker that NinjaTrader would not support. In these cases it is reported by the log tab in the control center.

To answer the second posters question, Ice is not supported by:

Trading Technologies(The TF does work however consult your broker to make sure)
          Kinetick
          and with your Pats Broker

These are the 3 adapters off the top of my head that would not be supported.I do not run into issue with any other providers with ICE exchange.

I will send in a request to development to support these exchanges however any changes here would not be considered until our next major release of the software which would be sometime down the road.

-Brett

Comment

Also Gunders,

Please send a note into support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett. You mention these messages however it may or may not apply to an instrument you are trying to map as you do not specify.

You might give us a quick contact and see if we can get these specific instruments working. Sometimes instruments are on different exchanges then you expect on Pats.

-Brett

Comment

My Broker also supports CQG connectivity. I own a lifetime NT license.
              1. What do I need to do to switch from Pats to CQG with the same broker?
              2. What, if any, are NT's limitations with CQG? Are there any exchanges or instuments not supported? Also, what about historical data? With CQG, is it only available from "captured" real time data?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

For the license key send an email into sales at ninjatrader dot com and send your license key you wish to have changed and they will do the conversion for you.

As far as the CQG questions, you can see this graph we have here on all data feed providers. As far as what instruments are supported it is best to ask your broker these questions they will have the most up to date information there.

Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes