VIX chart usnig IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIX chart usnig IB

I can't seem to access VIX data. I have IB as a broker and data provider. It doesn't recognize the "security definitions'

I've included the CBOE Exchange and US Equities RTH Session Template. What more is there to do?

soemthing I have to do with the Symbol map? it's set to VIX

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The VIX index is configured by default within NinjaTrader for IB. If you do not receive data please reset your instruments with the steps I have provided below:
    • Disconnect
    • Tools
    • Options
    • Data tab
    • Reset Instruments
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Remove ^DIX from your Default instrument list and add it back in
    • Reconnect

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have the same problem with not getting VIX data (using Kinetick EOD + IB real-time). Tried to follow your instructions but don't have ^DIX, even after resetting instrument list. I do have 2x VIX in the instrument manager, one Stock and one Index.

Any ideas on what to do?

Comment

Hello rassom,

Can you please delete the VIX stock in the Instrument Manager. Highlight it in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Delete.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if you now receive data for the ^VIX index.

I am pretty sure Christopher made a typo in his post. He meant to refer the VIX
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for clarifying.

Deleting the VIX stock did unfortunately not help the problem. Connected to Kinetick EOD, I get an unknown instrument error. Funny enough, when I connect to IB, VIX is re-added (by NT, not me) to the instrument manager as a stock. And I checked it wasn't there before connecting to IB. Strange!

What else could I try?

Comment

Do you perhaps have the VIX stock somewhere selected in NinjaTrader so NinjaTrader creates automatically the instrument as a stock?

When I test it while connected to the Kinetick EOD connection, I am able to load a daily chart without error.

If the issue remains, try the following. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the following folder.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file. This way Ninjatrader does not open any workspaces once started - it will open an empty Untitled1 workspace instead. Connect to IB and check if you now receive data for the ^VIX.
            Attached Files
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I did have it in a market analyzer - now deleted. I get data for ^VIX now.

Thanks for quick and competent help! :-)

Comment

How or is it possible to configure to only use Kinetick EOD to retrieve daily VIX and not through my realtime IB connection?

Comment

Originally posted by solvmatic View Post
                  How or is it possible to configure to only use Kinetick EOD to retrieve daily VIX and not through my realtime IB connection?
                  Try unmapping the symbol for IB VIX in the instrument manager (just set the symbol map to blank)

Comment

Hello solvmatic,
                    You can make a multiple connection to get EOD data from Kinetick and realtime data from IB. Connect to Kinetick Eod first and then to IB. Please refer to our help guide which discusses more on this

JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes