Major bug related to "Bars Ago"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major bug related to "Bars Ago"

Whenever I try to use a input on "bars ago" in the strategy wizard, it destroys the entire Ninja Trader software.

I can't compile any more code, because of arbratrary crap that gets inserted into all strategies when this happens.

I can't export my hard-worked on Ninjascripts, because "I cannot export when there are code errors."

I have to reinstall Ninja and retype my code by hand. Good thing I wrote down my best results in my notebook!

I'm also curious as to why the Ninjatrader folder is over 5GB large when I have 20 strategies and around 15 saved backtests and optos.

You can cut and paste your code into another file, say wordpad or notepad.

Or you could download Textpad off the internet.

Originally posted by crimsonite View Post
    Whenever I try to use a input on "bars ago" in the strategy wizard, it destroys the entire Ninja Trader software.

I can't compile any more code, because of arbratrary crap that gets inserted into all strategies when this happens.

I can't export my hard-worked on Ninjascripts, because "I cannot export when there are code errors."

I have to reinstall Ninja and retype my code by hand. Good thing I wrote down my best results in my notebook!

I'm also curious as to why the Ninjatrader folder is over 5GB large when I have 20 strategies and around 15 saved backtests and optos.

Comment

Unfortunately Ninja puts something in all of the code that renders it useless, at least according to the text screen before reinstall. I'm not daring to import anything besides templates to the new install though.

Comment

crimsonite, we have no reports of any bug of that kind but would be of course happy to investigate and see if we reproduce and improve our NinjaTrader platform. Could you please clarify what you attempted to exactly in the wizard that created the issues for you? There are some 3rd party indicators accessing custom coded enums that would need further changing of the wizard generated code directly, perhaps this is what you've ran into - if you have any steps for us to take to check into, please let us know.

Thanks much,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses