Break apart limit orders in DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break apart limit orders in DOM

I use a strategy where I enter a position and my ATM rules kick in, setting a TP [x] ticks from my price. On occasion, I accidentally enter an extra position, resulting in a larger order than intended. At that point, I want to manage my open orders differently.

However, when my ATM strategy kicks in, I end up with a TP limit order at the full quantity of the strategy. This is as expected. What I would like to know is, how do I break out that limit order's quantity? For instance, I want to break out just 1 limit order and move it to a different TP level than the the other limit order (supposing an order volume of "2").

I've attached a screenshot showing what my DOM looks like. In this example, I want to move one limit order to breakeven and keep the other limit order where it is.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To seperate the Profit Targets plesae right mouse click within the SuperDOM-->Properties-->Show quick buttons-->Set to True-->Click Ok. Next left mouse click on "+ Target" at the bottom of the Price column.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the instructions. I followed your directions. The "+ Target" seems to make no impact on the resting limit orders. However, the "- Target" cancels one of the two orders, leaving me with just one remaining limit order on an open position of "2".

Comment

Within your ATM Strategy do you have your Profit Target set to a quantity of 2 or are you adding an additional order after execution?

If this is an additional order added after execution you will be required to cancel the exising order then submit new orders a new prices.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I found that the easiest thing to do might be to use the Control Center - Orders interface to increase or decrease the orders. This seems to split them quite nicely and gets reflected in the DOM as well.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Within your ATM Strategy do you have your Profit Target set to a quantity of 2 or are you adding an additional order after execution?

If this is an additional order added after execution you will be required to cancel the exising order then submit new orders a new prices.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Option Whisperer  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes