Error Message: Custom Programming Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message: Custom Programming Error

Yesterday I downloaded a free trial version of the iTradePod Market Profile indicator. The files were corrupted and I started to get an error message. I sent the vendor multiple emails, but they are not willing to help.
    I deleted every file I could find related to the indicator. However, now I am trying to import another indicator and I'm getting an error message : "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import another file". How do I find these errors? Is there a search function I can use? thanks.

Hello JerryA,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The indicator is not in the library any more. I was finally able to delete it by going into the program bin and deleting the file there. Then I was able to delete the indicator from the library. But I'm still getting the error message.

Comment

Hello,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the note, please include a link to this forum thread and a image of the error reporting section of the code window. (see my last post for instructions on creating that image)
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by JerryA View Post
          The indicator is not in the library any more. I was finally able to delete it by going into the program bin and deleting the file there. Then I was able to delete the indicator from the library. But I'm still getting the error message.
          It sounds like the file was a compiled assembly. In that case, deleting the file is not quite the correct way to remove an assembly. However, you should be able to manually complete the uninstallation by manually removing the reference to the indicator. Open any indicator in the editor, right-click, select "References" and delete the reference to the errant dll.

Comment

How do I remove NinjaTrader 7 indicators from NinjaTrader 8

Hello,
            I wrote several custom indicators for NinjaTrader 7. I added these to NinjaTrader 8 indicator folder before realizing they were incompatible.
            I removed the old, broken indicators from the indicator folder but the NinjaScript editor still shows the compile errors of the old files.
            These broken indicators are not displayed in the NinjaScript Explorer window. Selecting "exclude from compilation" on the selected file in the errors pane does not remove the error.
            Selecting "Remove NinjaSrcript Assembly" in the Tools menu gives me the error message, You have custom indicators with errors which must be corrected before you can remove the assembly.
            How do I remove these indicators from NinjaTrader?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Gene0311,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please right click in the NinjaScript Editor and select Compile. When the errors are displayed please expand the message column and take a screenshot and attach the screenshot to your response.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post kaywai
              by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
              6 responses