Collapse

Gap Up/Down Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any error messages in log tab of control center? Do you have a real time data provider?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am getting the following error. My data provider is TDA.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see -thanks for posting the error message. This is the issue you are running into here:

One way to resolve is by adding this to top of OnBarUpdate()
        if (CurrentBar < 1) return;

Your condition is also fairly restrictive, so after resolving the errors it's also possible there are no stocks that meet the condition.

Comment

Thanks for the help... I am ironing out the filter with stocks I know meet this criteria so no issue there. Will let you know how it goes from here.

Comment

OK, best of luck and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Comment

Seems to be working great. When I add this into another indicator that I call into a strategy, it throws off my plots. I would like to combine this into an indicator that I have without it messing it up. Is this possible?

Comment

Good to hear it's working. This design works great for market analyzer, but could be improved if your goal is to use it on a chart along with other indicators.

Instead of setting plots as 1 or 0, you can consider some other highlighting technique, like with drawing objects, changing bar color, chart background. This sample can help with using drawing objects:

Comment

What is your goal here? The piece of code we've been working on has its place pretty much only on the market analyzer, as there are better ways of highlighting your condition on a chart.

I'm not sure yet the benefit you would get copying and pasting it into another indicator that returns meaningful values, or what specific problem you're having.

Also you're possibly overwriting your existing plots by using it in this indicator. Value is the generic term for the first plot, but its also mapped to specific named plots.

The snippet was provided earlier just to get you started on market analyzer filter/alerts, but it may be worthwhile going through these basic indicator tutorials to get familiar with the basics and overall structure of indicator development.

Comment

Nevermind.... no worries. Thank you for your help.

Comment

New issue. I am calling the volume within the scan and receiving the attached error. Here is my code. Also, is there a way to filter the instruments that have a position open according to a given strategy? See the volume issue below.

Code:
                      			if (CurrentBar < 1) return;

if (Close[0] >= MAX(High, LongPeriod)[1] 
                      				&& ADX(8)[0] >= ADXStrength
                      				&& VOL()[0] >= Volume
                      				||
                      				Close[0] <= MIN(Low, LongPeriod)[1] 
                      				&& ADX(8)[0] >= ADXStrength
                      				&& VOL()[0] >= Volume
                      				&& Close[0] >= ShortPriceLevel)
                      				Value.Set(1);	
                      			else
                      				Value.Set(0);
                      Attached Files

Comment

What are Volume and ADXStrength? Could you attach the whole script (file) so we could see how its defined? Can attach either the .cs file from documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\custom\indicator or export as zip through File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript

Also, is there a way to filter the instruments that have a position open according to a given strategy?
                        You can't do it based on a strategy, but there is account wide property available in market analyzer: PositionSize.

All position information from a NinjaScript strategy relates only to the instance that generates it. Background on this concept is available here:

Comment

See attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the script. For your input, you will want to match the type to what you're comparing. For Volume this will be Long. Please see the attached script, with this changed.

"Volume" is reserved in some places, so would want to use a modifier for the input name, like MyVolume in the attached script.

To import use File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript and select the .zip file.
                            Attached Files

Comment

gaps

....can this indy find gaps? gap ups and gap downs? if not ..is there an indicator available to show gaps in market analyzer?

Comment

Originally posted by aktrdr071 View Post
                                How can I set an Market Analyzer alert for a instrument that opens above yesterday's high price or opens below yesterdays low????!!! I have been searching the help guides and other forum posts to no avail. Any help is appreciated!
                                can you post this indicator? can it be used to find the monthly close/open gap?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by needsomehelp147, 04-29-2024, 06:43 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post needsomehelp147  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                177 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jeronymite  
                                Started by algospoke, Today, 06:36 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post algospoke  
                                Started by ETFVoyageur, Yesterday, 06:05 PM