Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index Symbol Mapping issue with CQG

Hello,

I am having problems with my index data not updating real time with CQG. I have the most current version of Ninja with a fresh install. I reset my instruments and re-started Ninja a number of times, but I had the same problem. I read another thread about symbol mapping and noticed that it seemed wrong. For instance, AMP CQG ^TICK & ^TRIN is mapped as DJTICK & DJTICK, and so on. Is this a problem on your end or Amp's end? Or is this mapped correctly? I assume they should be mapped as ^TICK & ^TRIN not DJTICK & DJTRIN, etc.... The index data is turned on at my broker and enabled during the CQG login.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

If you select any of the instruments you mentioned in the Orders tab of the Control Center window, does data appear to stream?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi,

Thanks for your post.

If you select any of the instruments you mentioned in the Orders tab of the Control Center window, does data appear to stream?
      No, it does not. I tried it for example with UVOL mapped to ^UVOL and see nothing. I reset the instraments and restarted Ninja. That caused UVOL to map to DJDNV. I tried that mapping in the control center and got no real time updating. I see an update on the chart only when I cange time frames. The chart experation date is set correctly. The other question is why is Ninja resetting/mapping UVOL to DJDNV instead of ^UVOL. Should ^UVOL not be the correct mapping for UVOL via AMP-CQG?

Comment

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.8? You can check this under Help--> About.

UVOL should be DJUPV. Is this not what you are seeing after resetting? I have just reset my instruments and get the correct mapping.

Regarding no live data, is this a live CQG account or demo account? If it is a demo, index data will not be real-time. If it is a live account, do make sure you have contacted your broker and requested index data to be enabled for real-time, as this does not come setup unless requested by the user.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.8? You can check this under Help--> About.

UVOL should be DJUPV. Is this not what you are seeing after resetting? I have just reset my instruments and get the correct mapping.

Regarding no live data, is this a live CQG account or demo account? If it is a demo, index data will not be real-time. If it is a live account, do make sure you have contacted your broker and requested index data to be enabled for real-time, as this does not come setup unless requested by the user.
          Yes I have the current version. I miss spoke. I ment to say DVOL. The UVOL is mapped to DJUPV. I Have a live account with AMP. I will have to recheck it on there end. It is supposed to be turned on.

Comment

So Amp tech looked at everything on my PC via remote access. They could not find anything wrong. I suggested maybe my new license Ninja could be blocking the stream for some reason. They felt that could be possible and asked me to contact you about the issue. I sent you an email with my multibroker license code. Would this be a possible reason? Everything should be working on the Amp CQG end.

Comment

Hello,

I have not received an email with this information. Can you please resend with with 'Attn: Matthew' in the subject line and a reference to this thread?
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I got in contact and they resoved the issue.. TX

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post LawrenHom  
                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM