executions in sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

executions in sim

when I trade in SIM mode (day trade) on es using zen fire, and close out a position, the price I receive is always a quarter worse that what was immediately posted

In other words, lets say you have one contract and in the "flat entry" box it is posting a $100 profit, as soon as I close it out it will show a $87 profit, it's like itis delayed or something.

I never had this problem before, does anybody have any ideas hy this would happen. before, if It said $100 profit and I closed it out. thats what I got unless the market was trading extremely fast and volume was heavy

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

The simulator tries to take a realistic look on the markets and depending on volume it will fill you at the ask or bid price. In this case seems like the simulator is filling you at the bid for example if your long and this would cause you to lose a tick in profit. This would also happen in a live scenario.

-Brett

Comment

the p/l under the flat/entry always posted the current bid (what you would sell it at if you went long) but when you close out , you get next lower bid, like it drops down and doesn't give you the posted bid, but one quarter lower, thats my impression

Comment

Your impression is correct. As this is normally the case in live and as such simulated in the simulator. Especially when trading live, you will find you almost always get a worse price then you want when trying to get out of a trade.

-Brett

Comment

But like I said, this was not the case in prior versions..I would get instant fill whether with real money or in sim mode

As I said before, the only time I noticed this before was with overwhelming fast volume and pc had a hard time handling all the data. if the posted bid is X, and I sell it at that , thats what I should get, especially with somehwhat slow market conditions as of late

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Your impression is correct. As this is normally the case in live and as such simulated in the simulator. Especially when trading live, you will find you almost always get a worse price then you want when trying to get out of a trade.

-Brett

Comment

This would be random and depending on market conditions on when it would occur.

There are no settings you can change to affect this other then control center->tools->options->simulator tab-> enforce immediate fills to be checked.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              This would be random and depending on market conditions on when it would occur.

There are no settings you can change to affect this other then control center->tools->options->simulator tab-> enforce immediate fills to be checked.

-Brett

Ok I figured what it is....If I go long, it will show the asking price as my profit (if it being traded at that price , but obviously, if you sell at market or hit "close" you will most lekley get the bid price.
              Is there a way to get the bid price to be displayed in the chart trader window if going long and visa versa if going short since this is a more accurate representation of what is going to happen?

Comment

Hello,

Sure, you can right click on chart->data series and change the Price based on setting from Last to ASK or BID depending on what you prefer.

You may or may not have historical ASK or bid data depending on your provider however.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes