Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today not shown in chart

Hello,

I usually open Ninja on Monday and do not close it down until Friday. I have 15 charts open.

99% of the times, after midnight all charts take the new day correctly and start displaying bars as soon as markets open worldwide.

However, In some occasions, some charts do not take today`s date as the last, so they do not update the new bars. In the dataSeries icon, you can see that last date is yesterdays. Just changing the date to today fixes the problem... but Why is it happening?

How can I check if all my charts have today as last date?? (other than going chart by chart and checking)

Thanks

Juan

Hello Juan,

Thank you for your post.

1.) What data provider are you connected to?

2.) Does this happen for any specific instruments and/or charts? Are there any indicators on your charts where the issue occurs?
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

1) IB

2) It usually happens to ZS, which opens in the European afternoon. It has one custom indicator on the chart,

Howeverm it has happened to other instruments. I always have indicators in my charts, some custom, some default.

Regards

Juan

Comment

Hello,

Would you by chance has some series of steps that you do that causes this to always happen?

For example.

->Start NT on Monday
        ->Keep NT running all week
        ->Shutdown NT on Friday

What is the exact time and date when it does not switch over to the next day when you check it?

Finally,

What time zone are you in?

-Brett

Comment

Hello Brett,

My steps are exactly as you said:

-> Start NT on Monday
          -> Keep NT running all week
          -> Shutdown NT on Friday

So I expect all the charts to get the new date as days go by.
          However, it does not always happen with all the charts, some stay in yesterday. I am in Europe (Paris time) and markets like Soybeans (ZS) open at 16.30pm.

At 16.30 I expect to get new bars in the ZS chart but sometimes I get no bars and it is because lastday is yesterday.

When it happens, there is no apparent reason for it. All the other charts are ok. It could happen anyday, except mondays because that day I start NT.

Juan

Comment

Hello,

So its random could be any night during the week other then Monday and only happens on the ZS chart.

What type of chart is this and what session template is in use for the ZS chart?

-Brett

Comment

hello brett,

It is a 10min chart with a custom session template.

Regards
              Juan

Comment

Hello,

Can you try with a Default 24/7 session template in one chart to see if this makes a difference.

Let me know if it does or does not make a difference. If it does not I will setup some tests on my side with this session template.

Thank You.

Comment

OK, I will do that,

As this behaviour is random, I will let you know next time it happens and see what happens on the chart with Default Template

Regards,
                  Juan

Comment

Hello,

same behavior last night. One of IB's TWS data farms, usdatafarm gets disconnected during the night, (but 4 others oks) and some US markets, like ZS and TF do not get today`s date as last day.

Restarting TWS get usdatafarm reconnected and everything ok at NT.

Do you any reason for charts not taking today as last day?

Juan

Comment

These two actions could be related.

I will check with development.

-Brett

Comment

Hello,

I checked into this with development.

They would need a reproducible scenario.

I will run a test on this tonight to see if I can duplicate.

While you are running on your side. Can you let me know does the IB connection disconnect before or after 12:00 midnight or during do you know?

-Brett

Comment

Hi Juan & Brett,

I've had this same problem for months now, but have only just got around to searching for an answer. Up until now, same as you, I have found that if I right click on "Data Series" and then under the Data tab look at the "End Date" it will be showing the date for the previous day. If I then go and update it by clicking on "Today" in the calendar setting, it updates the chart automatically and goes and reloads the current day's data.

Like you IB is my broker. This happens on both ES and DAX charts. I have 1,5,15, and 60 min charts on 1 screen, and sometimes 2 or 3 will not be showing the current day's data, but the others are. I usually use the Default 24/7 template.

I haven't been able to notice any discernible pattern as to when it occurs. I also leave my computer running all week. I live in Australia, but my trading computer is set to US east coast time.

Was there any solution to this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,
                          Brenton.

Comment

Hello Brenton,

In the TWS there is button called Data (or Market Data in some TWS versions). The night that goes from green to yellow (because one of the datafarms get disconnected), I have noticed that it is likely that one or more charts lose todays as last day.

Have you noticed the same?

Juan

Comment

Are you guys that are running into this both overseas with your PC clocks set to your non native time zone? So are you both have it set to US EST?

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Harry, 05-02-2018, 01:54 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tharton3  
                              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes