Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot bind hotkeys for buy ask/bid

Hello,

i cannot bind hotkeys for any operation from "Order Entry" section. For example i was trying to use these combinations Ctrl+A,Ctrl+B,Ctrl+Alt+A,Ctrl+Alt+A and many others without any effect. But whe i try bind these key combinations for example for indicators in charts they work there.

So i tried these combinations in superDOM, basic entry and charts(with chart trader enabled) with no effect. So i thing it have to work but it doesn't : (. please kick me, what i'm doing bad.

i tried that on two another computers one with clean install of windows(win 7 32bit with latest updates, NT7 also latest) just to be sure there is no another application running and taking focus on keys and catch key combinations.

thx jirka

Hello citanus,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum.

Please go to Tools > Options > General tab > and check the box next to 'Use order entry hot keys'.

For information on trading with hot keys please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...h_hot_keys.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

thanx, i feel ashamed of by ignorance. I was close to this option when i was disabling order confirmation. And thanx again, i have no more question for this time. But i'm new to NT and questions will come, but in separated thread.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I couldn't figure out how to start a new post on this forum, but found this and you advised him to view the http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...h_hot_keys.htm however on this page it states "4. Select the desired Modifier (Optional)."

I can only set a hotkey if a Modifier is present

I am trying to set my hotkeys to use

i.e. NumPad1 > Buy Market

however I am unable to do so, and it seems that statement made at #4 is incorrect and it is mandatory.as I tried a bunch of different keys to be used solely on their own with no luck.

Can you provide any insight to this matter?

Thank you for you help

Comment

Hello amilanoski

Thanks for the inquiry.

The only keys that are allowed to be used without a modifier are the function keys. Any other key will need a modifier to work.

Note: Ensure whatever key or key combination you select is not in use somewhere else as this will cause an error message.

I've attached a link to more info regarding the use of hot keys below:

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes