Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Performance questions

Hello

Does market replay use all cores, or is it single core ?
    What is the data source for the data available for replay download ?
    How to identify what is the bottleneck preventing market replay from running faster (max I am getting is like X5 times, CPU/memory load seem very low).
    Why would ninjatrader be "waiting for network i/o operation" during market replay (as shown in resource monitor analyze wait chain option ) ?

Would you consider:

- streamlining the user interface for downloading market replay data to allow multiple instruments/dates at one request

- queuing subsequent requests rather than rejecting them when an existing request was not finished

- clearing the status message on the control center status line saying "loading ...." after load was finished (so that we know when it is safe to launch another one)

- remembering the instrument and date last selected when launching the download dialog box rather than resetting it to the first instrument and today's date on each launch

Thanks

tickling, the charting / Market Replay would run on one core - the data recorded on our servers is ZenFire data.

Are you working on our latest R8 release here?

What do you mean by the speed you're getting is X5 times? What would the replay control show as speed then for you?

It could wait on network resources / the data server connection if historical data needs to be backfilled to provide the historical data prior to your replay set start.

I will forward your suggestions to product management to consider, some of them have already been added to our enhancement lists.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks
      Latest software is used
      I mean I can set it to anything up to X500, yet the actual speed is maybe X5 of real time. Resource monitor shows waiting on network resources.
      All data prior to tested period was preloaded via market replay, no gaps. I have no indicators on any chart that use network resources.
      Any idea what is ninja talking about over the network during replay ? I will try to simplify my setup and see if this activity goes away.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks tickling, could you please direct your diagnostic trace / logs files to us via Help > Mail to Support so we could review them? How many days / bars back are you charts set that you use in replay?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses