overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overlay

Is thre a function in ninja trader where I can overylay different symbols on the same chart? like graghing corn and wheat against oil ?

Hello ckait,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible - in the Data Series menu, set both data series to use Panel 1 and the two charts will be displayed within the same panel. More information about multi-series charting can be found at the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

right but that doesnt really work because the price line are different you cant compare crude at 95 and overlay corn at 650 the price lines are too far away. what im looking for is like having 3 different mo0ving averages on a chart but with different symbols i dont really care about the price just looking for coralation of movement.

Comment

ckait,

This can be made to work to show correlation by setting the ZC instrument to Panel 1 and Left Scale Justification.

Please see the attached screen shot.

The candlestick bars are CL 02-12 and the black Line on Close is ZC 03-12.

Notice how the ZC price is on the left side of the chart should you need to check the price.

Doing this indicators can be applied to either data series.
        Attached Files
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Plot histogram on open price instead of zero line

Hi,
          Is it possible to plot a horizontal histogram over the opening price of a bar instead of the zero line? For example a horizontal volume histogram but instead of being plotted in a lower panel it's plotted on the same panel as the candles and the "zero level" of the indicator replaced by the current opening price of the bar. Is this possible on NinjaTrader?
          Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Hello Amioun,

Yes, this would be possible but would require manually programming a script to accomplish this. There may be an indicator that does this in the file sharing section of the forum that you can download and import.

NinjaScript 7 File Sharing

Version 8 Indicators
            Version 8 Strategies
            Version 8 Miscellaneous

If you are unable to locate a script like the one you are describing you could have it built. If you would like our affiliate NinjaTrader Ecosystem to provide you with a list of professional NinjaScript consultants please let me know.
            Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Shawn
              Any chance you could give me a hand finding an indicator that I could use as an example for what I'm looking for?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
              Hello Amioun,

Yes, this would be possible but would require manually programming a script to accomplish this. There may be an indicator that does this in the file sharing section of the forum that you can download and import.

NinjaScript 7 File Sharing

Version 8 Indicators
              Version 8 Strategies
              Version 8 Miscellaneous

If you are unable to locate a script like the one you are describing you could have it built. If you would like our affiliate NinjaTrader Ecosystem to provide you with a list of professional NinjaScript consultants please let me know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Fitspressorest  
              Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Jonker