Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy on and working but no data showing for profit and loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy on and working but no data showing for profit and loss?

I show a log file and multiple trades on my chart. So it appears to be working but no data shows up in my strategy results for my sim101 account. I still show my Sim ballance as 10000. How do I get my trades into the analyzer and begin showing so I can analyze my demo account with my new strategy?

Hello ChrisBaker,

Please note that when you perform a backtest in the Strategy Analyzer, you do not trade the sim101 account. Unfortunately you cannot select the account you like to backtest - you backtest a "Backtest" account which does not show up in the Control Center-->Accounts-tab.

You can use the various tabs in the Strategy Analyzer to view the results of the test.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same problem and I don't understand your reply.
      My setup is iqfeed data, I don't connect to broker.

I followed the tutorial here:

However, my sim101 account does not place any order. If I rerun the strategy with historical data, the same strategy actually triggered many orders.

Are you saying that sim101 is a backtest account so that the strategy could not trigger the order? If what you said is true, why i can place manual order into sim101? It seems to me that only automated order is not triggered.

Comment

xyz123, I've already replied to your other thread on the same topic, please check into the suggestiones offered there.

Thanks,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Bertrand

I'm having a similar challenge I opened a $20000 demo account with FXCM and I downloaded historical data before running my back test everything seem to be working except that I can't see my Profit and Loss. I have included an attachment for your reference. Another associate NinjaTrade_JessicaP has been replying my post regarding this issue under a post titled "Strategy backtest - still runs multiple times sometimes" But I think this post perfectly describes my challenge. Thanks in anticipation to your response
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Yemmy,

I suspect the low PnL is due to the order quantities used in the backtest. I see you backtested a forex instrument. Please note that you need to enter order quantities in base units when you backtest forex instruments. A quantity of 100,000 will trade a regular lot, 10,000 is a mini lot and 1000 a micro lot. Could it be you used an order quantity of 1 in the backtest and therefore you only have a profit/loss of 0.01?

You can configure the order quantity under Order Properties. Configure 'Set order quantity' to 'by default quantity'. Subsequently you can enter the order quantity at 'Default quantity'.

Comment

Thanks I suspect that might be the issue, but please be clear on what I need to do to change the quantity because I'm new to NinjaTrader. Do I change it from the Backtest Parameter dialogue box or from the Strategy I created (Editing the Strategy Conditions). I don't know how to get those properties you listed. Thanks in anticipation to your response

Comment

You can configure the order quantity in the strategy backtest settings (see screenshot).
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                14 responses