Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators Not Loading...Help

Here's the story...

After a few months of not using NT7, partly due to other frustrating issues, I started up NT and saw the message about the release of v8. I duly upgraded and re-started Ninja.

All went well, including connecting to PFG, until I tried to load some newly downloaded indicators. They wouldn't load ie an empty sub-window appeared. I tried with other indicators and it seems that commercial and Ninja indicators will load but not any others.

It doesn't look like anyone else is having this issue but if anyone can help please let me know. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing v8 and even going back to v7 but the result is the same. HELP!

Cheers

Traffic

Hello Traffic,

Thanks for your post.

Which indicators are you working with here?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle. Thanks for your help. It affects any indicator other than Third-Party and the standard Ninja indicators. They all worked last time I used Ninja.

I have tried deleting an indicator and then re-importing it with the same result.

Another issue I have with Ninja is that my workspaces mysteriously lose their charts after several sessions/uses of Ninja despite saving them all each time I close Ninja. I've no idea why that happens. Could these issues be related?

Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

Can you provide a few examples of the indicators you've tried?

Any indicator not included with NinjaTrader by default would be, by definition, a third-party indicator so I'd need a bit more information to proceed with testing here.

Comment

By 'Third Party' I meant commercial Ninja indicators eg Roy Kelly's indicators. Apart from them and the standard Ninja indies no others work. It can't be the indicators themselves because they work on other computers. It must be something that has happened to Ninja on mine.

Comment

Hi Traffic,

I would still need you to provide the name(s) of the indicators which you're using. Any indicator I download from the forum seems to work here, so I would need more information to further test out the issue you are reporting.

Comment

Hi Kyle. Ok, for example I just downloaded QStick from the Ninja forum. I've never had this on my system before (it was uploaded to the forum today). I imported it into Ninja, loaded the indicator and ... nothing: just an empty sub-window with a scale from 0 to 1.

One of the indicators I've written is loading correctly, however, although I've no idea why.

Could this type of problem be caused by one of Ninja's standard indicators eg EMA having been overwritten by a 'corrupt' version (eg when I imported a downloaded indicator)?

Thanks, Traffic

Comment

It's not as 'straightforward' as it seems... Some of the standard Ninja indies aren't loading. Eg WilliamsR doesn't draw but WMA does... Also some of my other non-commercial and non-Ninja indies are working.

I am going through them one by one...great fun!

Comment

Hi Traffic,

Thanks for clarifying.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                  The file I need would be named 'trace.20111218.txt'.

Comment

SAME here. NOT LOADING :-(

Kyle, my indicators are not loading either, even though they are listed in the C:\Users\DAVID\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator FOLDER. Please help.

Thank you, bubbadirect

Comment

Hello bubbadirect,

Could you clarify the following:

Are these the .zip or .cs files?

Were these indicators imported through the following guideline?

To import indicators you will need the original .zip file.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import indicators.

To Import
                      1. Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                      2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
                      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'
                      CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. I believe that all are zip files. I have done the import no problem. And when I go into compile indicators via EDIT, they all come back just fine.

As to this.... Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'........ I ALWAYS HIT NO.

Please help and thank you,
                        bubbadirect

Comment

bubbadirect,

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put
                          ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Please provide me with your latest Trace file.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                          • The trace file will be named trace.20120416.txt

Comment

Just sent 2 emails

Comment

bubbadirect,

We have received them and I will follow up with you via email.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                              0 responses