Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily bar of today not showing

Hi guys,

I can't see a daily bar of today for NG HG SI GC (all Nymex Metals, Globex). However, I can see the minute bars of today.

Other daily future charts work fine.

They have all the Nymex Metals/ Energy ETH template. I have also tried the default 24/7 template and its not working either.

Indicator setting is bars in progress: FALSE.

I have tried it with Kinetick and IQ Feed both have the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sandor

I have also already deleted the data and then downloaded it again and didn't make a difference as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.8? You can check this under Help--> About.

Are you receiving any errors on the Log tab of the Control Center at this time?
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Many thanks for you quick reply.

I am using NT 7.0.1000.7 (live)

I am not having any errors about these futures. What may be usefull, there is a log message of the futures who are working fine (market data is delayed since your account does not have real time data......). So, the futures I am having problems with are not showing here and I have no realtime subscription on them.

Hope its useful..

Thanks!

Comment

Can you please check the symbol map value you are using for Kinetick or IQFeed?

Please go to Tools--> Instrument Manager--> locate the NG and select "Edit".

From the Instrument Editor please click on the "Misc" tab--> Scroll down to the "Symbol Map" section and tell me what values are used in the Kinetick and IQFeed row.

Comment

IQfeed = QNG (this was +NG and didnt work either, so I checked www.IQFeed.com saw it was QNG, changed it and didnt help.

Kenitick = +NG

Comment

Hello,

Can you please upgrade to the current production release of NT V7.0.1000.8 and then reset your instruments.

You can upgrade by going to Help--> Download Site and downloading the current production release NT V7.0.1000.8. You should be able to do an over-the-top upgrade without uninstalling your current version.

After upgrading, please reset your instruments and restart NinjaTrader.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Wanted to say that a restart of Ninja was enough to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sandor

Comment

Hi guys,

The problem is back and this time a restart of NT doesn't help. I have also installed version NT V7.0.1000.8 and that doesn't change anything too.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sandor

Comment

This time NG is working fine and HG SI and GC still having troubles.

Templates are all ETH.

Other futures work fine.

Thanks

Comment

Hello SuperSaan,

Please see my response at the forum thread below.

For future reference, please try to avoid reporting the same issue in two threads.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Comment

Sorry for replying in two treads of the same issue. I'll continue here only.

I have done it all and now it is showing be that the bar of yesterday is the bar of today. And the bar of yesterday is totally missing now.

This was a reply to your post:

Hello SuperSaan,

I read the forum thread you have with Matthew. So you do not receive the current daily bar in the chart, but you do load historical data?

Am I correct your PC clock is set to GMT +1? If so, please try the following. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager and select the 'Default 24/7' session template. Set the time zone to GMT +1 and save the session template.

Create a brand new daily chart for any of the instruments and load the 'Default 24/7' session template. Check if the daily bar for today is plotted.

Comment

Hello SuperSaan,

No worries, thank you for continuing in one thread.

Does it make a difference if you now right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Can you please try the same instructions for the 'US Equities RTH' session template and load it in new charts.

Please note that session templates do not affect the daily data that is loaded - daily data is loaded as per the OHLC values provided by the data feed. However session templates can cause the issue you exprience in daily charts. Usually it is corrected when using a session template that does not span across days.
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reloading all historical data does not change anything,

Using the 'US Equities RTH' session template' will make it showing the bar of yesterday again (which is the correct bar of yesterday)

Switching my data feed from IQFeed to Kinetick doesn't change anything as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ZenCortexAuCost