Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heikin Ashi in separate window

Hello,

when I try to add a Heikin Ashi indicator to a EOD chart, the bars on the mail chart panel disappear (see attachment). Are the parameters right?

Best Regards

Thomas
    Attached Files

Hello tbmuc,

Thank you for your post.

Please change the "Panel" parameter of the HeikenAshi to "1" or "same as input series".

Please let me know if this does the trick.

Comment

Yes, that works fine, but how do I get a seperate view of price and indicator?

Comment

Hello tbmuc,

Thank you for your response.

The Heiken Ashi indicator will need to be plotted on Panel 1.

If you wish to view both the Heiken Ashi and the instrument without Heiken Ashi, you will need to add the instrument to the Chart again.

Within your chart left click on begin typing the following: +AAPL 1D
        You should now have a new panel within your chart below the Heiken Ashi panel for the AAPL without Heiken Ashi applied.

Please let me know if this does the trick for you.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. What do you mean with "left click on begin". Where shall I left click? On the first candle? Where is the +AAPL to be entered?

Comment

Hello tbmuc,

My apologizes for the confusion.

Left click in your chart (ensure you do not left click on your instrument or any indicators) then begin typing (no window will open until you begin typing): +AAPL 1D

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you for your patience.

Do you mean a smal window "data series"? That causes an error message: "AAPL (Daily) data series already exist on your chart. You can't add another one."

Best Regards

Thomas

Comment

Hello tbmuc,

Correct, the Data Series window will appear when you begin typing.

Since the chart currently has a Daily interval for the AAPL instrument, we can work around this by adding a 1440 minute chart.
                I have created a video demonstrating this process, you may view the video at the following link: http://screencast.com/t/l4rHrdsf

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you very very much for the helpfun screencast. Unfortunately, when I try the same I get an empty price panel. I suppose thant the workarount requires a real time feed and I have only access to EOD?

Comment

Hello tbmuc,

Correct, you will need a real-time data feed with access to minute data.

However, if you would like to view two Daily charts you can open another chart of the AAPL instrument for Daily data by going to File > New > Chart.

If you are looking for a real-time data feed you'll enjoy all these benefits with any Basic Service subscription to Kinetick:
                    • Fast, unfiltered data
                    • Live data for 500 Market Metrics Indices are automatically included. Full list at: http://www.kinetick.com/market-metrics
                    • Eliminated exchange fees for qualified accounts: http://www.kinetick.com/CME
                    • Free Globex upgrades for qualified accounts
                    • Free delayed and historical data for other exchanges not subscribed to
                    • Free news from RTT News, PR Newswire, and Business Wire

With Kinetick you'll receive at least:
                    • 120 days of historical Tick data
                    • Two years of Minute data
                    • Ten years of Daily data
                    • Much more data is available for popular instruments

Please visit the Kinetick website for more information: http://www.kinetick.com/

Comment

Eliminated exchange fees for qualified accounts: http://www.kinetick.com/CME
                      Patrick, I wonder if you would explain how this one works?

The exchange fees are part of the AMP commission charges, and AMP refuses to give a breakout of the constituents of its commissions. As such how, do I know that I am getting this fee elimination? Do I receive a credit at EndOfMonth, or do I see an immediate reduction in commissions?

I understand, if you refer me to the brokerage, but I am kind of hoping that as you (NT/Kinetick) are advertising this, that you know how it is supposed to work.

Comment

Hi koganam,

Regarding the CME waivers from Kinetick there is a separate cost associated with each exchange but if you can demonstrate within NinjaTrader your qualification then the exchanges will be added to any Kinetick account and never be billed.

The qualifications are:
                        1. A Live Trading account with a supported broker
                        2. A NinjaTrader License that enables you to place live trades.

With those two qualifications you would be able to validate the CME waiver which results in the cost-free CME exchanges being included as part of your Kinetick account and never billed.

The validation is necessary to ensure your qualification and also the step that enables us to include with your account the CME fee waived exchanges without any billing to you.

Ryan
                        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

heiken ashi in new panel.

same problem here. nt 7.0.1000.11
                          when i add the heiken ashi and set the panel to "new panel" it appears in a new panel but the price bars in the main window are gone.

any ideas?

best regards,
                          mike

Originally posted by tbmuc View Post
                          Hello,

when I try to add a Heikin Ashi indicator to a EOD chart, the bars on the mail chart panel disappear (see attachment). Are the parameters right?

Best Regards

Thomas

Comment

Hello mk77ch,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

This is expected behavior. If you wish to keep your chart and apply HeikenAshi to another panel and still be able to view the original bars, you will actually need to add the instrument and with a different period and interval to your chart or open a new chart for the instrument (one for the HeikenAshi and the second for the main series you want to view as well).

I have created a video detailing this at the following link: http://screencast.com/t/VjLoxKntL84g

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

thank you!

thank you very much!

cheers,
                              mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes