Differing data and fib retracements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differing data and fib retracements

I am having two issues. The first is I am showing data on my daily charts vs other charting I use. For example the low on Oct 4 on ES is 1068 but yet my daily chart on Ninja shows 1085.25. Another one is the ES low on Dec 9, 2001 was 1222.25, yet my Ninja daily shows the low to be 1232.75. If i use a smaller time time frame like a 60 min, it shows the 1222.25 low. I have the data series session template set to 24/7 default. Need some guidance here to get the correct info.

How do change the default setting in fib retracements? It keeps reverting back the original settings default after I make the changes I desire.

Hello tpt56,

Thanks for your post.

1.) Do you know whether the other platform uses a 24 hour daily bar of a ETH session daily bar?

2.) After making your changes, right click in the Fib properties menu and select Save as Template. Finally, save the template as Default and you should see those settings used by default from that point forward.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not sure ,... What is ETH session bar?

Comment

Hi,

This would be the extended trading hours session, but the hours used would depend on which instrument was used. What are we working with here?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I figured out the fib ret defaults.. still having trouble with daily data

Comment

Kyle,
            On the ES I want extended hours on the daily chart from 3pm pst on Sun to 1:15 pm pst on Monday close, then the open would be 1:30 pm Mon to 1:15 pm on tue ,, etc.
            What would the proper template be?

Comment

Hello tpt56,

Please note that session templates do not affect daily data. Daily data is loaded as per the OHLC values provided by the connected data feed.

Likely the connected data feed provides daily data using OHLC values of the regular trading hours (RTH) so you experience differences when comparing to another data source.

You could use a 1440 minute chart as a workaround. Session templates will affect minute and tick charts. Subsequently load a custom session template in the 1440 minute chart that will meet you needs.

Custom session templates can be created in the Session Manager. Please see the link below for information.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by guillembm, Today, 11:25 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post guillembm  
              Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
              1 response
              0 likes