Zen-Fire legacy API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen-Fire legacy API

I had trouble connecting to Zen-Fire yesterday (error 13) and then again today (login failed), so I finally went to the forum to see if others were also reporting problems. In some posts I saw references to the Legacy API checkbox in the Zen-Fire setup. I decided to try checking the box, and it resolved my issues. But I'd like to understand this better.

Could you write something about what it means in practice to use the legacy API vs. not using it? I'm considering just leaving the Legacy API box checked since it solved a problem for me. But in general I've done just fine with the box unchecked. What are the pros and cons?

Who are you connecting with through zenfire?

I don't have legacy api checked with dorman, and ds-b is checked (whatever that means!).

Weekend connections have been spotty over the last 6 months. I hate not being able to connect for when I'm not here at 6 pm sunday evening.

I did find this related thread:

Comment

Yes, I've experienced (and been frustrated by) the spotty weekend connections, so it got my attention when I was unable to connect this weekend with Legacy API unchecked but then had no problems connecting once Legacy API was checked. It makes me inclined to think Legacy API checked is more reliable in terms of being able to connect. But what are the implications beyond that? Can it impact trade entry or execution? Can it impact behavior in times of high volume? Etc., etc. Hence my original post.

Comment

legacy API is no longer supported. Also, the legacy API generated orders will not be accepted by CME exchange.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by MikeInMA View Post
          Yes, I've experienced (and been frustrated by) the spotty weekend connections, so it got my attention when I was unable to connect this weekend with Legacy API unchecked but then had no problems connecting once Legacy API was checked. It makes me inclined to think Legacy API checked is more reliable in terms of being able to connect. But what are the implications beyond that? Can it impact trade entry or execution? Can it impact behavior in times of high volume? Etc., etc. Hence my original post.
          looks like with NT_Brett's response, it is related to the reporting of if a trade is automated or not to CME which happened this past year.

looks like it won't work for much anyways.

Comment

Would I be correct in guessing that the Legacy API checkbox will be removed soon, like in the next release, perhaps...?

Comment

No plans to remove, yet.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rdtdale
              by rdtdale

Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM