Add ATM to a strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add ATM to a strategy

I want to add an ATM strategy to my automated system I created. I have been building it using strategy wizard and I am pretty new to writing code and programming. However is there an easy way to add an ATM strategy where I move my stop to break even if I get plus 9 ticks? Also I would like to know how to do a trailing stop within an automated system if anyone can help me that would be great! Thanks!

Marc

Marc,

Unfortunately this would need to be coded manually rather than by using the strategy wizard.

There is a strategy sample that comes with NinjaTrader accessible through Tools > Edit NinjaScript > SampleATMStrategy. Essentially you can create a strategy in the ChartTrader or SuperDOM, and then reference it by name in the SampleATMStrategy code.

SetTrailingStop() is the function that can set trailing stops. Here is a link to the help guide entry on it.

This is also accessible in the "Stops and Targets" menu of the Strategy Wizard as "Trailing Stop".

We have a great webinar on "Automated strategy development" every other Tuesday. The next one is on the 13th at 5:30 EST. Please find a link to our webinar schedule below. These webinars are free, live and interactive. No registration is required.

Watch daily livestreams to learn how to trade futures. Tune in as NinjaTrader experts provide futures market analysis and trading tips. Join us today!

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd like to request a feature that this be added to strategy builder

Comment

Hello Conceptz,

We are tracking interest for this feature in an existing internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-1986.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes —https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
        Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses