Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

limit Yaxis scaling to 10 pixels per tick...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limit Yaxis scaling to 10 pixels per tick...?

how can i config ninja to limit Yaxis scaling to 10 pixels per tick...?
    is it posible?

in other words i don't want ninja to draw a bar of 50 pixels when there is no other greater bar at the current range...

1 more Q

1 more Q:
    how can i config it as default at my custom indicator i made?

Originally posted by asielad View Post
    how can i config ninja to limit Yaxis scaling to 10 pixels per tick...?
    is it posible?

in other words i don't want ninja to draw a bar of 50 pixels when there is no other greater bar at the current range...

Comment

Hello asielad,

You can used fixed scaling for the Y axis. Please right click on the right side of the Y-axis and select Properties. You can now set the top and bottom values for the Y-axis. When set to automatic scaling, the Y-axis will scale to the highest high and lowest low that is visible.

You can save it by saving a chart template. Once you configured the Y axis to your liking and the custom indicator is applied in the chart, please right click in the chart and select Templates-->Save As. Whenever you load this chart template in a chart, it will use the Y axis settings you saved and apply the custom indicator.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the problem is that i dont want it to scale to the highest high and lowest low that is visible...because when the highest high for example will be 1200 and the lowest low will be 1199then it will draw a huge bar all over the screen that his size actually is only 1 point... i want that it wont scale... i want that allways the disstance between 2 ticks will be X pixels (for example 10 pixels)

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello asielad,

You can used fixed scaling for the Y axis. Please right click on the right side of the Y-axis and select Properties. You can now set the top and bottom values for the Y-axis. When set to automatic scaling, the Y-axis will scale to the highest high and lowest low that is visible.

You can save it by saving a chart template. Once you configured the Y axis to your liking and the custom indicator is applied in the chart, please right click in the chart and select Templates-->Save As. Whenever you load this chart template in a chart, it will use the Y axis settings you saved and apply the custom indicator.

Comment

Yes, this is accomplished by setting the Y axis to fixed scaling. Please set 'Range' to Fixed in the Y axis properties menu and you will be able to enter the top and bottom values.

Comment

yes i know that option...the problem is when the price going above the highest value or below the lowest value i insert i won't see what happens there..
            Yes, this is accomplished by setting the Y axis to fixed scaling. Please set 'Range' to Fixed in the Y axis properties menu and you will be able to enter the top and bottom values.

Comment

for example if set the lowest to 1200 and the price will going below that price to 1199 i won't
              see the graph there...

yes i know that option...the problem is when the price going above the highest value or below the lowest value i insert i won't see what happens there..

Comment

if is there a way that it will automaticly will "move" (not"scale") the chart up when the price is going down below the lowest price i insert... that will be great

for example if set the lowest to 1200 and the price will going below that price to 1199 i won't
                see the graph there...

Comment

or even that it will always lock the current price(Last) at the center of the yAxis... it will be good either
                  if is there a way that it will automaticly will "move" (not"scale") the chart up when the price is going down below the lowest price i insert... that will be great

Comment

Unfortunately, I am not quite sure if I follow. It will be expected that you will not see information above 1200 and below 1199 if you set the top and bottom values for the Y axis that way.

There is no setting that will allow you to configure X amount of pixels per tick. However you can configure the Y axis to use a fixed scale. The top and bottom values of the Y axis will always be the same regardless of scrolling back in time.

It is not possible to use a combination of fixed scaling and automatic scaling.

Comment

thank you very much Jason...
                      i'd like to share with you an Indicator for NT7 that do the exact thing we discussed on... it called "Final MarketBalance" (for NT7)

please let me know if you know how they did it... after all Ninja is your world... and i think you should do it better then them

Unfortunately, I am not quite sure if I follow. It will be expected that you will not see information above 1200 and below 1199 if you set the top and bottom values for the Y axis that way.

There is no setting that will allow you to configure X amount of pixels per tick. However you can configure the Y axis to use a fixed scale. The top and bottom values of the Y axis will always be the same regardless of scrolling back in time.

It is not possible to use a combination of fixed scaling and automatic scaling.

Comment

Fin-alg.com is one of our supported 3rd party vendors. They created a workaround using that indicator. Unfortunately I do not know how they created it - it is best to contact the vendor for information.
                        Final, Financial Algorithms, programming services for hedge funds and retail traders, NinjaTrader and others

If we would provide better indicators for each indicator provided by a supported 3rd party vendor, there would be no use in having 3rd party vendors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                        8 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Option Whisperer  
                        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view