Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader not using the correct strategy

Hi,

I'm using the current version of NT and have set a strategy for 3 targets 1 stop. However if I have a limit order pending and then place a market order my selected strategy is not used. Instead I get 1 stop 1 target.

Also sometimes I get filled on a limit (additional contracts) but the ladder does not update the target and the stop. When my target or stop is hit I still have contracts open but nothing showing on the ladder. I have not cancelled any orders manually when this happens.

Thanks

Hello,

You will need to re-select your ATM strategy upon placing a market order after you submitted the limit order.

Can you please check what setting is used for the "ATM strategy selection mode" in the SuperDOM properties. Please set it to "SelectActiveAtmStrategyOnOrderSubmission". Any additional orders with an ATM strategy attached will add to the existing stop loss and profit target.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay I see that. How do I widen the market order strategy please?

Yes it is set as you say but the orders when executed do not always add to the strategy.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by widen the market order strategy. Could you please be a bit more specific.

Please try re-selecting your ATM strategy upon submitting an additional limit order to scale in.

Comment

Yes reselecting the strategy works but is very cumbersome especially if there are many strategies and a fast market. However I could live with the market order say Target and stop +/-10ticks rather than +/-4 as they are now. Then I can move them to the existing Target/stops. When They are at +/- 4 I often get stopped out as soon as the order is filled. How do I make them 10 ticks?

Regarding the other problem I have a short avi recording of the issue that I can send. Where should I send it to?

Thnx

Comment

Hello,

You can submit your stop loss and profit target both 10 ticks away from your average entry price by entering the value of 10 at both the stop loss and profit target. In addition, if you set the ATM strategy selection mode to "KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission" , any additional submitted order with an ATM strategy attached will create its own profit target and stop loss, instead of getting added to your existing profit target and stop loss.

You can send your video at support AT ninjatrader DOT com. Please put "Attn Jason" in the subject header.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post SantoshXX  
            Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes