Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with new charts - loading hist. data

Hello,
    I have NT 7 with CQG datafeed,when I open a new chart of an instrument rarely I see historical data on the chart,95% I see an empty chart,with only 1 (one minute) candle (the current).
    I tried to reset instrument,restart platform,(try to) load historical data,but new charts are empty often.I think 1st time (in the day) I open a new chart all is ok,after I restart the platform and new charts are empty.
    Where is the problem? Step by step,what are the right setting to load charts with hist. data?Thanks

Hello train1,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections. Highlight your CQG connection and click Change. Click Next and check if historical data is enabled. If not, please do so and click Next until you finish the connection.

Reconnect to CQG and check if historical data is loaded in the charts.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      historical data is enabled.
      My settings:
      Options:get data from server (checked)
      merge policy: MergeNonBackAdjusted
      save chart data as historical (unchecked)
      --
      I try to remove and andd the (2) instruments I use to the 'Instrument manager' tab,then I click 'reset instruments' in the data tab of 'Options' and restart the platform,but the problem remain.
      Thanks

Comment

Hello train1,

What version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About. Make sure you have version 7.0.1000.7 installed. You can download and install the latest version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed when you install the new version.

What instruments (+ expiry months) did you select so far in the charts? Do load data if you select the ES 12-11?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version of NT is ok,I have version 7.0.1000.7 installed.
          Doesn't load historical data if I open an ES 12-11 chart ,the same result if I open a new chart of FGBL 12-11 and NQ 12-11 (the only 2 instruments I'm interested of): there is only 1 candle (1 minute candle) on the chart (data starts from the moment I open a new chart,real time data are ok).Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Very strange, in this case we will want to setup a time to call and do remote assistance to see what is going on.

Please email into support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post. Please send your phone number as well so that we may call.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello,
              this is the only method I can open a new chart and load historical data:
              -turn on the PC
              -open NT 7
              -control center-->tools-->instrument manager-->select FGBL from availaible instrument list and add (to my instrument list) with left arrow,then click 'ok'
              -go to control center-->tools-->options , and click 'reset instruments' from data tab.
              -close NT (I click 'yes' to 'save workspaces 'Untitled1?')
              -turn off the PC.
              When I turn on the PC,open NT,connect internet and connect with CQG and I open a new FGBL 12-11 chart,historical data are ok,and real time data,too.
              Then,when I finish session,I close FGBL 12-11 chart,disconnect CQG,go to Istrument Manager list,select FGBL 12-11,right arrow to remove the instrument from the list,then go to 'data tab' of the 'Options' and click 'Reset Instruments' button;close NT and restart PC;(open NT),add FGBL 12-11 to the 'Istruments list' and click 'reset instruments' from 'data tab' (no CQG connection open),then close NT and restart PC: when I restart PC,open NT,connect CQG and open a new chart of FGBL 12-11,the chart is ok (ok historical and real time data).
              Thanks for your support

Comment

Hello,

Next step would be remote support still even with the extra information in my post number 3.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kujista
                by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                0 responses