Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User DLL error from tradestation

Hello,
    My current setup is Tradestation->NinJaTrader->IB. I am using the DLL interface and I have updated my strategy to send orders thru the DLL. This works fine now. The problem is that sometimes I get the error "User DLL error" and some of my charts (50+) have the strategy disabled.
    Ninja is setup to receive data from IB.
    My second problem is that Forex trades are not being send to Ninja->IB. I read a previous thread and I reinstall Ninja. I also can see the mapping for the Forex pairs in Ninja.

My current setup is
    Ninja Build 6.0.1000.7
    Tradestation 8.3 (Build 1419)
    IB Build 878.5

Thanks,

Moscu
    Last edited by moscu; 12-13-2007, 03:10 PM.

"User DLL error" ? Is that the extent of the message?
    NT does not support IB FX which is why you have the problem. We currently only support GAIN Capital/FOREX.com for FX.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For the "User DLL Error" I only get that message. However I can tell you that I am running 120 charts loaded with an strategy that send orders to NT thru the DLL. While they are running I am making changes to the EL code which reloads all the charts. I am suspicious that this might have to do some with the problem. Although not all the chart/strategies are disabled when the error happens and I can enable the strategy after the error in the charts were it was disabled. I am running again today the same amount of charts and trying to close and reopen TS when I make changes to the EL that calls NT. I will let you know if I have the problem again.

For the Forex I am running in simulation mode. So it should not matter who the broker is since it is not sending real orders. I try to use the connection to IB and "External data Feed" from TS and I not orders are executed and nothing appears in the log. However when I create the order from the Ninja GUI it is place and executed. This is not consistent behavior.

Moscu.

Comment

a) This is a general error issued by TS. You would need to isolate the actual NT ATI function which fails.
        b) Not sure what you are experiencing but you can't connect to IB and "external data feed" the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielTynera  
        Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle