Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual exit strategy in IB TWS

Hi,

This is my first post here. So far I found all answers to my questions by searching. Thumbs up for the support.

I am actually running a strategy that submits the orders to Ib's TWS. The strategy runs 24/5. What I would like to know is if there is a possibility to manually exit a trade through in the TWS.

I ask this because I don't sit in fort of my trading PC(where ninja is running at home) all day. Sometimes it might be the case that I would like to exit a trade and only have acces to a laptop with TWS.

What is the expected behavior of ninja if I close the trade through TWS from another PC.

Best,

Marco

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This would cause an out of sync situation most likely that is if you could login to IB TWS from two locations. Simply the strategy will still run and when it determined it needed to exit it would still submit a sell order which would be run on your now flat account which would leave you with an unexpected short position. However if I recall correctly with IB TWS if you login on another PC it will kick the other one off. In which case no need to worry about that if this occurs. You might need to run a test to see what occurs on your account.

Another option you might consider is to use remote desktop software to remote into your main PC and close the trade out there as well.

-Brett

Comment

Hi Bret, thanks for the quick reply.

I have two separate logins for TWS and can run it on 2 PCs. Since the stragtegy is running on several underlyings force TWS to shutdown would cause all strategys to stop and possibly leave open positions without protection.

I'll dig into the remote control option...

Thanks

Comment

IB Supports stops fully with OCO on their servers. So as long as your strategy is coded correctly if you were to lose connection the stop loss and profit target should still protect your position even with connection loss.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes