Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart loading problem

Support,

I am on latest NT7 with kinetick feed. I am using a custom session which works mostly fine in NT7. But I noticed when I change the data series to decrease or increase the number of days on like a ES 10 minute chart at end of day, it reloads with missing recent data for the day.

Like for example,on changing data series to decrease the number of days from 12 to 10 on a 10 min chart,after it loaded it shows like this with missing most recent data for the last 1 hour or so:

Session using with EST time zone: http://i41.tinypic.com/2safnty.jpg

Why is this happening,is this a bug in NT7 session manager which triggers on chart reload? Anyway to solve/fix this from happening?

Thanks
    Achiever

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you right mouse click within your chart and select "Reload all historical data" does the data populate as expected?
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes Christopher,when this happens,I usually close my ninja workspace and restart NT and reload data and then reopen the workspace and it solves the problem. But this problem keeps happening again and again.

Also note that if use the "Default 24/7" session it shows the data even before data reload. But when I am using the custom session I posted,that is when this happens once in a while,but appearing more times recently and data reload/with NT retsart solves it temporarily.

Thanks
      Achiever

Comment

Support/Christopher,

Did you get a chance to look into this problem? Is this a known bug with session manager,when would it be resolved?

Thanks
        Achiever

Comment

Hello,

You have likley set a chart series as default with the lower value saved as default. With this set, your chart's data series will default to that value when loading that period type.

To undo this behavior, please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\ChartSeries and delete any of the chart series .XML document files listed here.

Next restart NinjaTrader and test again.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            Hello,

You have likley set a chart series as default with the lower value saved as default. With this set, your chart's data series will default to that value when loading that period type.
            What does it mean by setting a chart series as default? Why does this affect reloading an existing chart with a custom session? Can you please clarify?

Thanks
            Achiever

Comment

Hello,

From the data series menu, you can set your desired options such as the Days to Load, or Chart Style, etc and then right click and set 'set default for <period> type.

This will save the settings you had loaded for that period. For example if you had a default tick period of 5 days to load, and a minute default of 30 days to load, when you switch from a minute to a tick chart, you will see the chart go from 30 days to only 5, as per the default chart series options that were set.

Please see our Help Guide article on 'Understanding Data Series default settings':

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Matthew. But I had a 10 min chart before and I just changed the number of days on the chart by right clicking and reducing the number of days on the 10min chart.The data series session was the same as posted in the 1st post with images.

Thanks
                Achiever

Comment

I have not been able to reproduce using the same custom session template, but I will keep loading and let you know if I catch anything.

Can you check under Tools--> Options--> Data tab if you have 'get data from server (if available)' checked or unchecked?

Comment

Can you check under Tools--> Options--> Data tab if you have 'get data from server (if available)' checked or unchecked?
                    It is checked. To reproduce this ninja problem, leave NT running with kinetick for atleast 24 hour to 48 hours and then try changing a 10min chart's data series and reduce number of days from say 12 to 10 days, in the evening time EST.

Thanks
                    Achiever

Comment

Hello Achiever,

Thank you for this information.

Although your session tempalte is set to EST, can you confirm what time zone your PC is set to? Is this eastern time as well?

Can you please try uninstalling NT V7.1000.7 and revert to NT V7.0.1000.6 and let us know if you see the same issue on this version.

Please follow the steps listed below to revert back to an earlier NinjaTrader build. Please note that the steps below will not impact your charts, workspaces, custom indicators or any other NinjaTrader settings.
                      1. Close all running applications.
                      2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                      3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                      4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                      5. Reboot your machine.
                      6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7.0.1000.6 from the link below:
                      7. http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

Comment

Hello Achiever,

Thank you for this information.

Although your session tempalte is set to EST, can you confirm what time zone your PC is set to? Is this eastern time as well?
                        Yes, my PC has been set to EST timezone,everything is in EST zone.

I am a little hesitant to uninstall and downgrade NT7. I do remember I did not have this problem in previous NT7 version 1000.6

Thanks
                        Achiever

Comment

I understand if you are hesitant to downgrade.

I have not had any issues, however I have not had the chance to set this up to run for 2-3 days in alignment with your report. I will need to set this up and test to match your report. Once I have more information on these tests I will update this thread.

Please let me know if there is anything else you wish to add to this case.

Comment

Hello,

I have not be able to reproduce this yet.

The next time you experience this, can you please go to Help--> Mail to support--> check "Chart data", "database file", and "log and trace files"

Please also include attn: matthew and a reference to this thread.

make sure that the chart is in the current state and you have not 'reloaded' data to correct. We need to catch this as the chart is in the state you reported from the first post.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post poplagelu  
                            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                            5 responses