MB Trading reporting wrong PnL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading reporting wrong PnL

Hi, I'm using MB Trading and NT for my live account since yesterday and the execution is working fine. But something is wrong with the summary report details. For example yesterday I made £106 profit testing out the platform (Note I am using a GBP dominated account with MB Trading UK) and this is correctly reflected in my MBT Nav pro reports but in my NT summary reports it shows a net profit of $379 (US dollar currency used).

Even using the normal exchange rate the £106 would equate to around $170 and my total commissions with the MBT payback was only £1.90.

It looks as if I need to amend some properties in NT to let it know I'm using a GBP dominated account and not the normal US Doller dominated account. Or have you any other ideas what could be showing these discrepancies?

Thanks...........

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Are you referring to and account summary within the Account Performance window? If so please click on Advanced then select your MB Trading account only then generate a new report.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Are you referring to and account summary within the Account Performance window? If so please click on Advanced then select your MB Trading account only then generate a new report.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
      ahhhh Christopher simple when you know how:-)................Thanks that seems to leave everything as it should. The only one thing is the comms MBT charges are not included. But I'm wondering the way you get credits for limits orders etc in MB Trading makes this impossible as you don't have a consistent comms structure you can add to NT in any of the options as it is different on almost every trade depending whether you enter/exit on a limit or market order. Its not a big deal but do you have any suggestions..............

Comment

Hello silverpuma,

You can setup commissions in NinjaTrader as per the information below.

A flat commission will apply commissions per side per order.

A tiered level will apply commissions per side per contract/share.

For example, if you like a commission of $2.50 per order per side, please enter a flat commission of 2.50. A commission of $2.50 will be calculated for the entire order per side. So if you submit an order for 5 contracts, it will calculate a commission of $2.50 per side, which is a total of $5 per the entire order.

If you like a commission of $2.50 per contract, please enter a tiered commission of 2.50/99999999. Each contract traded will calculate a commission of $2.50 per side. So if you submit an order for 5 contracts, a commission of $2.50 * 5 is calculated per side, which is $25 for the entire order.

Please note that commissions will only display for orders you submitted after you setup commissions in NinjaTrader.

I am not sure if this covers the commission structure of MBTrading. Unfortunately there is no other way to setup commissions in NinjaTrader.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello silverpuma,

You can setup commissions in NinjaTrader as per the information below.

A flat commission will apply commissions per side per order.

A tiered level will apply commissions per side per contract/share.

For example, if you like a commission of $2.50 per order per side, please enter a flat commission of 2.50. A commission of $2.50 will be calculated for the entire order per side. So if you submit an order for 5 contracts, it will calculate a commission of $2.50 per side, which is a total of $5 per the entire order.

If you like a commission of $2.50 per contract, please enter a tiered commission of 2.50/99999999. Each contract traded will calculate a commission of $2.50 per side. So if you submit an order for 5 contracts, a commission of $2.50 * 5 is calculated per side, which is $25 for the entire order.

Please note that commissions will only display for orders you submitted after you setup commissions in NinjaTrader.

I am not sure if this covers the commission structure of MBTrading. Unfortunately there is no other way to setup commissions in NinjaTrader.
          No Jason this does not work with MBT as with them you get a credit if you use a limit to enter or exit and you pay comms if you use a market order to exit or enter. So different trades could have different combinations. Not a fault with NT just MBT "good" and flexible idea not able to fit with the same comms for each round trip. But as I said before no big deal................Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post futtrader  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid