DST Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DST Issue

DST time is now off in europe, so my ninja charts should show my dst off times, it still shows, summer times, even my computer is in winter time or dst off. -1 hour.

Same settings different machine ninja shows dst off times in chart, as it should.
    ?????????

Sessions are same in both machine time zones, computer times,

only difference is that i used ninja at weekend, in this machine which shows me still DST time in ninja charts even my comp is time is not anymore DST time.
    Last edited by jokujoku; 10-31-2011, 08:00 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Is there a difference in operating systems.

Time conversion in NinjaTrader is done completely by the .net framework. It could be that maybe one PC is older and needs some windows updates?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Is there a difference in operating systems.

Time conversion in NinjaTrader is done completely by the .net framework. It could be that maybe one PC is older and needs some windows updates?

same operating system

Comment

Hello,

Lets try running windows update on both PC's. Let me know once this is complete and check the time on each. As I know there are time updates to the .net framework I want to make sure you have on both PC's.

Comment

Please explain what updates in .NET ??
          There is several updates for example russian DST, but not my GMT+2. for operating system level.
          No clue if there is for .NET could'n find any info, and update for -NET

I have done several updates, no help.

Comment

Hello,

The update only applied to windows XP and would be SP3.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

So why you talk NET

"As I know there are time updates to the .net framework"

Comment

Hello,

This is what i was referring too. Windows updates in either regard will take care of the issue. Would recommend running windows updates in this case.

Comment

YOU CAN'T AGAIN WAISTING TRADING TIME, try to follow Ninja instructions.anyhow thanks for nice try.

"Microsoft plans to roll out a 2011 time zone update to users in Eastern Europe at the end of this year, even though changes in daylight saving time will come into effect much sooner.

According to information offered by the Redmond company, the next time zone changes for 2011 will be introduced to Windows in December 2011.

This even though countries such as Ukraine, Belarus, and Armenia have already discontinued daylight saving time, and will make no modifications to local time at the end of October, as they used to do.

However, Windows operating systems in the countries mentioned above will change clock settings in accordance with the old daylight saving time policies.

“Time information in Windows for time zones in Ukraine [(UTC+02:00) Helsinki, Kyiv, Riga, Sofia, Tallinn, Vilnius], Belarus [(UTC+02:00) Minsk], and Armenia [(UTC+04:00) Yerevan] will be incorrect after October 30, 2011,” Microsoft explained.

What will happen is that at the end of this month, Windows platforms in Ukraine, Belarus, and Armenia will automatically move to winter time, even though the markets themselves will remain on summer time.

“According to the current Windows time zone rules, daylight saving time (summer time) is (UTC+3:00) in Belarus and Ukraine and (UTC+5:00) in Armenia. Summer time is scheduled to end on October 30, 2011 and move to winter time, which is (UTC+2:00) in Belarus and Ukraine and (UTC+4:00) in Armenia. According to the latest changes, they will remain on summer time (UTC +3:00) indefinitely and will not "fall back" to winter time,” the software giant said.

At this point in time, there isn’t an update or a workaround that users can apply to resolve this issue. Microsoft also stressed that it will not be offering affected customers a hotfix to deploy until a Time Zone refresh drops.

In this regard, the only solution that users will have is to manually configure their operating systems.

“Users in these time zones should move to the following alternative suggested time zones: (UTC +3:00) Kaliningrad and (UTC +5:00) Tashkent,” the company said.

As already noted, Microsoft will indeed modify the native time zones for Ukraine, Belarus, and Armenia, but only with the upcoming cumulative Windows time update, which is planned for delivery in December 2011".

Comment

And this will be not first or last time

So what you gonna do this kind of situations, this will be last time ? when countries and microsoft is messing time zones.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately if Microsoft has the issue we would then also have the issue.

Thanks for posting and letting me know I will keep this in mind if I have any other tickets for users in this time zone.

-Brett

Comment

It's wierd, that here in my time zone GMT+2 is not changes from last year !!
                        I found time zone edit tool, and I will edit time zone, if it will still problem next week when states are also in dst off mode.

Comment

I think this is ninja issue, you check locacl chart time "data" some wierd place,what microsoft changes, and it can mess with peoples chart.
                          i think its easy to check what is local time zone and then convert UTC time for local time.
                          FLE time zone is not changed.
                          In my case GMT+2 which is winter time UTC+2 too.

I checked timezone data, and I found US dst off/on data have been chnaged and I changed those back to correct, EST,CST,PST

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately NinjaTrader uses Microsoft and the .net framework to determine what to add or subtract to get to the users time zone correctly.

There is no way around this at this time.

Comment

I added a new timezone, and date time properties in operating system can find it,
                              But In ninja session manager can't find those, where you read timezone data ? !!!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FrazMann  
                              Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes