Why don't I get ER2 data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't I get ER2 data?

I am able to get realtime ES 12-07 data fine. When I change the instrument to ER2 12-07, I get nothing. I switch back to ES, I get data. I switch to ER2, nothing.

Does ER2 data come from a different place or something? Do I need to adjust the update interval...? What's up?

Another weird thing -- on the DOM I only get the inside bid/ask volume -- not the other volumes or the ACV.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Last edited by cassb; 12-11-2007, 09:09 AM.
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Originally posted by cassb View Post
    I am able to get realtime ES 12-07 data fine. When I change the instrument to ER2 12-07, I get nothing. I switch back to ES, I get data. I switch to ER2, nothing.

Does ER2 data come from a different place or something? Do I need to adjust the update interval...? What's up?

Another weird thing -- on the DOM I only get the inside bid/ask volume -- not the other volumes or the ACV.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Hello Bryan,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide answeres to the following questions so I may better assist you.

- What data feed are you currently connecting to?

- Are you receiving any errors within the Control Center --> Log tab? If so what are the errors stating?

- In the past were you able to receive data for the ER2 contract?

Comment

Hi Eamon.

1) I am connected to Zen-Fire
      2) I have lots of errors in the log tab.
      3) I believe I have received ER2 data in the past, but I just started using Ninja Trader about 1 month ago, so I don't have much history to go on.
      Attached Files
      cassb

Comment

Originally posted by cassb View Post
        Hi Eamon.

1) I am connected to Zen-Fire
        2) I have lots of errors in the log tab.
        3) I believe I have received ER2 data in the past, but I just started using Ninja Trader about 1 month ago, so I don't have much history to go on.
        Bryan,

I did not see any errors contained within your attached log file. However, I did see quite a few connect / disconnects. Can you please send a note into my attention in to: [email protected]

Comment

OK, now I'm getting ER2 data ... after about 2 hours of connect time, it finally started coming in. I have no clue why it takes so long to start the data flow, but once it starts, it seems OK. If I disconnect and reconnect, it go through the same waiting process again. Sounds like server trouble to me.

Bryan
          cassb

Comment

Miscellaneous Support

Hello,

You should not face the same inquiry if you shutdown and restart NinjaTrader. It is possible that your data feed was having server issues, you my want to contact them about this.
            RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How does one contact Zen-Fire directly? Mirus or Dorman have no clue what's going on.
              cassb

Comment

Miscellaneous Support

Hello,

You would need to contact your broker. If they are not sure what was going on, then I'm at a lost as well. We only display what is provided to us.

If this happens again, please let me know and I will have our development team take a look as well.
                RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but this is STILL happening to me now after 8 months. Every morning when I start up NT at about 9:15ET, it takes about 15-20 mins to begin getting price data for the 4 charts I have running: ES, ER2, EMD and YM.

Then today, NT crashed and so I restarted it. The ER2 and EMD data began streaming immediately. However, the YM and ES data did not. I let it go for about 30 mins and still no YM or ES prices. I changed the instrument name on the Orders tab because that sometimes gets it to work. Nothing still. I waited another hour. Still no YM or ES. Then I opened up a new SuperDOM window and selected the YM instrument. Boom -- immediately it started streaming prices in. Same thing with the ES.

I don't get it. What in NT is holding up this data from coming in until (and ONLY until) I select the instrument in a SuperDOM window??

Bryan
                  cassb

Comment

>> What in NT is holding up this data from coming in until (and ONLY until) I select the instrument in a SuperDOM window??
                    Sorry, we still don't know. However, NT7 will come with an updated version of the Patsystems API, may be that will make a difference...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Anfedport  
                    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post iceman2018