Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for docking windows and tabbed windows

Hello all.

With all due respect, I open this thread so that all users of NinjaTrader can do a general request for the development team takes into account the creation of docking windows, or at least tabbed windows. It is very helpful to have in a single window multiple tabs with different time frames, or different instruments or different indicators, and so on. I think many will agree with me.

Thank you very much.

Hi Federico,

Thank you for the feedback. Tabbed charts is a nice design and something we will likely go to in a future version. We welcome any additional comments on this and if you can include screenshots of a design style you would like to see, it would be appreciated.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A couple of designs screenshots

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hi Federico,

Thank you for the feedback. Tabbed charts is a nice design and something we will likely go to in a future version. We welcome any additional comments on this and if you can include screenshots of a design style you would like to see, it would be appreciated.
      Of course! It's for our own benefit.

Here are a couple of images with an idea of how to could work Ninja with tabbed windows. It could give the user to choice where want to locate timeframes tabs and instruments tabs, upper, lower, left or right, as your own convenience.

This would accelerate the process of change from one chart to another, or from one instrument to another, because all the graphics would be loaded and not have to reload data again. As an example, could have 6 charts on a single windows in full screen mode, NQ 2min, 5min, and 15min and YM 2min, 5min, 15min, and switch between them almost instantly. Of course, this will depend of the power of computer.

Thank you for your attention.
      Attached Files

Comment

Count me in as well. I'm very interested in this feature.

Comment

I am a long time user of NT and would appreciate such a feature as well.

Comment

Workspace tabs, chart timeframe tabs, and chart/window/workspace auto resizing are sorely needed in NT

These are the 3 reasons I cannot switch over to NT until they add these features.

Comment

Something like this might be an option for you.

Contribute to mauricef/WindowTabs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Ed

Comment

Docket views

Hi All,

I think it'd be a great idea to give NinjaTrader the possibility to create docket views so we can assign or associate any chart window to any view.
                Any view could have inside attached one or more windows with charts, alerts, etc and work with them in the same way as a typical dockable pannel.
                Now, with NT we can have a lot of windows along the desktop and sometimes is difficult to organize them to work between other applications without having to minize or resize them.
                I have made a work around using the Dexpot free software that allow to create multiple virtual desktops and using rules with the window title I assign my charts to the desired desktop. However it's only a work around and offer some limitations.
                It'll be great to have something similar inside NT !!

All the best for the NT community and team.

Comment

Originally posted by lefevreed View Post
                  Something like this might be an option for you.

Contribute to mauricef/WindowTabs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Ed

unfortunately besides being buggy, windowstabs does not let you properly switch between different NT workspaces, severely limiting its functionality.

Comment

Along with docked, tabbed charting the option to undock charts should be maintained also.
                    eDanny
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                      Along with docked, tabbed charting the option to undock charts should be maintained also.
                      With docked and tabbed windows always there is the possibility of undock.

Thanks.

Comment

Long time NT user here. I would love tabbed windows Please make this happen, devs.

I've been using the woefully buggy WindowTabs to make up for this feature but would dump it in a second for a usable alternative.

Comment

Thank you for the comments, mep88!
                          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

At the very least, dockable windows should be standard practice. Apart from using "Always on top", I currently have windows appearing and disappearing all over the place. As a long time Tradestation user, I am used to dockable windows and assumed any decent piece of software would have this ability.

I see however, that 2 years after this request was suggested, there doesn't seem to be much movement in that regard. Be happy to be told otherwise.

Comment

Hello jparrie,

Thanks for your feedback.

You may see the following webinars about some of the possible revisions in the next major release of NinjaTrader that will go over some of these requests.

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies
                              JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite  
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes