Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not updating

Hi,

I don't understand why my charts are not updating. I can see the right data (comparing with IB TWS) on the orders tab but the chart is not refreshing.

I tried to reload all historical data from the chart but the situation is still the same.

any tip?

Hello guillembm,

Could it be the session template that is used is excluding the current time?

The 'Session template' setting in the Data series menu determines at what times you receive/load data in the chart. By default, 'Session template' is set to <Use instrument settings>.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. You can now view what session template is used for the instrument. Subsequently, the Session Manager allows you to view the settings of the session template, but allows you to configure them to your liking or create brand new ones as well. More information regarding the Session Manager can be found at the following link.

The 'Default 24/7' session template does not exclude any time, so if you select it in the Data Series menu, the chart should receive real-time data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The chart that is not updating is for the stock FP (SBF). I set in the chart a template for a session from 9 to 15:30.

In instrument manager the defalult session for this stock is Default 24/7.

My data provider is e-signal. From the Symbol Monitor of Esignal data manager the data is being received.

Comment

Can you please tell me what time zone you have selected for the session template that runs from 9 to 15:30 and what time zone is used on your PC clock.

Does the chart receive real-time data if you select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu of the chart?

Comment

The point is that the only chart that is not refreshing is for the stock FP. Other charts I have work fine with the same settings.

This is also the only chart I have with an open position.

Comment

If you receive real-time data in the Control Center-->Orders-tab, you should receive real-time data in the chart as well.

Could it be price is static in the Control Center-->Orders-tab? Do you receive real-time data if you select it in a Dynamic SuperDOM?

Can you please check if 'End date' is set to today's date in the Data Series menu of the chart.

Does it make a difference if you close the chart and open up a new chart?

Comment

I closed the chart and created again and now it works. I had a stop set in a strategy that didn't trigger.

The question is: if I have a strategy set in a chart and the chart is not updating but NT is receiving data will the strategy work? From this experience I would say no? So, it seems better to execute the strategy directly from the strategies tab.

In this case, Will I see in the chart (without the strategies on it) the buy and sell signals?

Comment

Since no real-time data is received, the strategy cannot calculate its conditions and perform any actions.

Yes, you can see the executions in a chart when you run the strategy in the Strategies-tab. As long as the same instrument is selected and 'Plot executions' is set to TextAndMarker in the Data Series menu of the chart.

Comment

The point is that data was being received as it was being updated on the Orders tab but not in the chart.

If that happens I think that from now I will set the strategies directly from the Strategies tab.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Fitspressorest  
                  Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes