Overlay instrument to show currentbar only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlay instrument to show currentbar only

Hi, I watch the S&P500 chart & I'd like to overlay the SPY chart but only see the SPY's currentbar. Can I make an indicator to erase past bars or how could I do this?

Originally posted by stockgoblin View Post
    Hi, I watch the S&P500 chart & I'd like to overlay the SPY chart but only see the SPY's currentbar. Can I make an indicator to erase past bars or how could I do this?
    You would have to write an indicator to make past bars transparent. they will still be there; you just will not see them. Visually, that works, but it saves no computing resources.

Comment

Hello stockgoblin,

As suggested by koganam, you would need to set the barcolor of the previous bars to transparent.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks - hey another issue: I had 2 charts overlaid, working great in market replay and then this morning with live data it didn't work at all, all screwed up. It should of worked if it was perfect in market replay, shouldn't it?

Comment

Hello stockgoblin,

Yes, a chart with 2 data series in one panel should work on live data as well.

What happens if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

What instruments do you have applied in the chart? Please let me know to what data feed you connect in NinjaTrader as well.

Could it be both instrument share the same price axis and their prices are very different? This will extend the price axis and price bars will be vertically compressed because of this. Make sure 'Scale justification' is set to Overlay for one data series in the Data series menu.

If the issue remains, could you please post a screenshot of the chart.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rene69851  
          Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes