CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve

I was just reviewing my log entries under the Control Center and noticed the following message.

"CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: The metadata for F.US.EP.U11 has an invalid ContractNumber. Please contact Customer Service."

It says to contact Customer Service but I don't know which Customer Service.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

taddypole...

Taddypole,

F.US.EP.U11 would be the ES 09-11 and has expired.

This entry in your log indicates that you either have a chart or another window such as a SuperDOM or Market Analyzer open which contains the ES 09-11.

Please double check any minimized charts or other windows and also check any workspaces listed under File--> Workspaces that might be running.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Mathew,

I checked everywhere and can't find that contract or any contract that might produce that message. All my contracts are up to date.

So does "invalid" mean Expired? And I don't understand why one would have to contact customer support if it were.

Thank you,

taddypole...

Comment

Taddypole,

The invalid message indicates that this symbol is not receiving any data due to the expired contract month.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
          I was just reviewing my log entries under the Control Center and noticed the following message.

"CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: The metadata for F.US.EP.U11 has an invalid ContractNumber. Please contact Customer Service."
          Matthew,

A couple of the users I support have seen this very non-Ninja message, too.

Would it be too much to ask that some future version of NinjaTrader have this message translated into the format that Ninja users are used to seeing, so we don't have to resort to searching the forums if we ever see this message again?

This would be great as it would seem likely that we'll be getting this message at the expiry of every futures contract, and updating the message might also save you a lot of extra support queries.

Comment

Hi KBJ,

Great suggestion - I will forward this on to development for further consideration now.
            Thanks for this feedback!
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
              Does someone know how long data of expired contracts are available from CQG via API (before generating the discussed error message)?
              Many thanks
              Joerg

Comment

This error is generated when real time data is being requested for an instrument that is no longer being traded on the exchange directly. Keep in mind this error does not affect a request for historical data for an older contract.

By default NinjaTrader will merge historical data for previous contacts to build continuous data within your chart. For example if you open an ES 06-21 chart with 90 days set to load NinjaTrader will merge data from ES 03-21 into ES 06-21 to backfill your chart.

The amount of historical data available will be depend on the data provider you are connected to and the amount of historical data stored on their servers.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses