Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

unable to load daily data - Kinetick....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to load daily data - Kinetick....

Hello,

is there a issue with Kinetick free end of day data? I always get a bundle of the same errormessages: Error on reloading historical data: unknown instrument (Panic)
    I have to klick a few times on 'Ok' until the Messagewindow close.The daily Chartshows only 3 month data.....

What I tried: I restart NT, I reset the Intsrumets in Instrument Manager...

Help....

Jens

Hello Jens,

Can you please tell me what instrument you have selected in the chart when you experience such an error. Do you experience the error for all instruments or only some? Do you notice any consistencies when you experience the error message?

There are no known issues with the Kinetick End of Day connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh, sorry: ES 12-11

I checked out, if symbol-selection of the daily chart is wrong. I repair tha dattabase. Now I check my harddisk with scandisk. But it seems to be a problem with requesting data. I always request data only for one symbol or does the 'reload al histirical data' affect al symbols in in the list of symbolmanager?

Jens

Comment

It will only reload data for the chart.

Can you please try the following. Disconnect from Kinetick and go to Control Center-->Tools--Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab and remove all daily data for the ES instrument.

Close NinjaTrader and go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->cache and delete its entire content.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the daily ES 12-11 chart will load data without error.

Comment

No, didn't work.

I delete daily window. I create a new one and press reload. There was agin the errormessage, but only threetimes.... Zenfire-Intraday no Problem. Seems for me like an issue from Kinetick with ES-data.

Jens
          Last edited by xenayoo; 09-30-2011, 03:19 AM.

Comment

It IS an issue from Kinetick! I get same error on my second PC. First date of daily data: 06-09-2011 (June -09-2011). It seems to be a problem of merging data (contiuous contract)....

Jens

Comment

I experience the issue now on my end as well. When historical ES data from previous expiries is requested , it throws the error message. You will not experience the error message if you reduce the amount of historical data.

I will check with Kinetick why the error occurs.

Comment

Kinetick tested on their end and could not reproduce the error. I tested it on my end once more and I do not experience the error anymore either.

Do you still experience the error message when ES 12-11 daily data is loaded?

Comment

I received information that there is an issue with expired contacts which will produce the error message you reported.

Kinetick is aware of the issue and is looking into it. They hope to have a solution later today.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes