Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loading stock symbols onto charts

Hi,
    I just purchased NT and am having some noob issues. How do I get a list of stocks (DOW 30 for example) to be accessible on a chart. It seems I can only get the default list from the instrument manager to load on my chart. Also, I want to load a list of stocks every morning to my chart. It's different everyday, do I have to manually load type them in to the default list on the instrument manager. Thanks in advance
    Anthony

Hello Anthony,

Yes, unfortunately only the Default instrument list will be availabe in the chart toolbar. You can add instruments to your Default instrument list in the Instrument Manager. Please see the link below for instructions.

You can select other instruments in the Data Series menu of the chart.

In addition, you can easily switch instruments in a chart by typing the instrument name. Please see the following link under 'How to change a Data Series' for information.

Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals via Keyboard

You can change instruments or intervals by pressing a letter or number key in a selected chart. Within the window that appears, you can change the instrument, interval, or chart type by using the following formats and pressing the "Enter" key when finished. If multiple instruments are displayed in the chart, you can change a specific instrument by left mouse clicking to select it before typing. If no instrument is selected, the primary instrument is changed.

To change an instrument:

Type the instrument symbol. (Add the front month for futures instruments) Examples: "ES 12-09" for E-mini S&P 500, "AAPL" for Apple stock or "EURUSD" for Euro/U.S. dollar Forex pair.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
    1 response
    0 likes