Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message with no data - MBTrading

Hi,

When I try to load a chart when connected to MBTrading I get an error message "Error Client Side Recv" and no data is loaded. I have tried it with as little as pulling 10 days back of data with the same results. I am using 7.0.1000.7 and MbtDesktop.11.8.0.38

Hello tommyjames,

Can you please clarify what instrument and interval you are receiving this error?

Is this a tick chart? If so, do you have the same issue with 10 days of minute data?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

with equities and forex. using time based charts, all intervals.

Comment

TommyJames,

How many charts are you loading at a time? How many are you loading your workspace?

There are some limitations with the MBT API on how much data you can request at one time. If you're currently receiving these errors, please wait a few moments and try again

Comment

I'm using one workspace and one chart. I waited an hour and still get the same results.

Comment

Hello,

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your most recent log and trace files, Attn: Matthew in the Subject line and a reference to this thread.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            • The log file will be named ‘log.20110920.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            • The trace file will be named ‘trace.20110920.txt’

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.

Comment

I'm having the same problem

I have the same problem with MBT/ninja when loading renko or range charts for ES...
              Has this been resolved???

Minute charts come up but missing a couple of indicators....

Comment

Hello program,

How many days back are you loading on your renko and range charts? Please try reducing this number and test again.

Comment

I only look one day back on the ES... but nothing. I have to wait for the realtime data to be recorded by my chart. what i did last night was load a chart before i go to bed and let it run all night... by the time i get up and trade the chart has recorded enough for me to see my indicators. but as soon as i make an adjustment, i.e... add or change and indicator I lose everything. Just on the ES??? It must be something easy I'm missing right???

Comment

program, can you please try checking 'Save chart data as historical' under Tools > Options > Data?
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok

just did it... hitting the hay. will check after trading tomorrow... thanks matt

Comment

Glad to hear, enjoy your day!
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no luck

i switched it last night went to bed after all day of trading the trading ES on range charts, I thought id try and switch to renko... I get the same error. And data only starts at the next traded price. tried to switch back range and same thing....

Comment

program,

Due to a recent changes made to the MB Trading API, the amount of historical data available to download at one time has been restricted to approximately 1 day (this varies from instrument to instrument) worth of historical tick data. Once this limit has been met, the reported error will be received.

Currently NinjaTrader and MB Trading are working together to address this limitation in order to better serve our customers. Unfortunately, I cannot offer a timeframe of when this will be implemented, but we are working toward a solution.

In the meantime, you may right click each chart and select reload historical data to fill in your charts incrementally, until no further error messages are received.

Thank you for your patience and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I c

That sounds about right.... go figure. thanks bertrand and matt. I'm having a similar problem with them and multicharts too. ughhh....
                              thinking of looking into mirus/zen fire as a solution. what would you two recommend???
                              thanks again,

-Mark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Option Whisperer  
                              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
                              0 responses