Slippage between CQG and Zenfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slippage between CQG and Zenfire

When I use the SIM101 account does it simulate for the slippage that I would get with a REAL order?

Today I switched briefly from Zenfire to CQG and I was very surprised to see the slippage I got on some of my Stop entries. However, I did the orders with Sim account.

can you please advise if there could be difference in slippage between both connections?

Thanks for your input

PEDRO

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for posting.

The NinjaTrader simulation engine is configured to operate as realistically as possible, but the way orders are filled in the sim account by default may not exactly match the way that your broker fills an order. That said, it is possible to change the way that the simulation engine operates through the Simulator tab of the Options menu. You'll find an overview of the settings in that tab at the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ulator_tab.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle for your reply.

But could the fill on a stop order be different between two data providers (CQG or Zenfire) on the SIM account?

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Hi Pedro,

It's possible that there would be some differences, but the fills should be generally the same.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Thanks Kyle for your reply.

But could the fill on a stop order be different between two data providers (CQG or Zenfire) on the SIM account?

Thanks

PEDRO
          Depends on what kind of stop orders you are using.

StopMarket orders will almost always have different slippage between brokers, as there are just too many factors involved: NT processing time on your computer, which depends on what else is running on your computer; transmission time, which depends on network conditions between your PC and the brokers' servers, server reception and processing time, server queue depth, broker client/server API etc.

StopLimit orders should show no adverse slippage differences, as such orders are filled on a "stated price or better' basis.

Of course, with StopLimit orders one always runs the risk of the market running away from oneself and not getting filled. However, on most futures platforms, most of the time, you will be filled if the price trades through. I have seen at least one occasion where I was not filled when price run through my stop on a news event that caught me unawares, but that was on a different platform, so may be apropos of nothing anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          10 responses
          0 likes