Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotes between kinetick & IB

Hello,
    i finally created an account by kinetick.
    But... the quotes in my TWS (IB) are not the same as those from Kinetick.
    So, if i buy a contract at 100 on the chart with kinetick and the quote by IB is 98 at time X , what will happen ??

Hello mate41,

If you sent an order at 100, your broker would receive this at 100.

Is a 2 point discrepancy what you are seeing? What stocks are you looking at? Do you know your Kinetick subscriptions?

Are you getting any errors related to 'Delayed' data on the log tab of the control center?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,
      i got an answer from kinetick about that. See below the answer:

Thank you for your recent subscription to Kinetick: The preferred market data provider for NinjaTrader 7.

1. Follow these steps to validate the waiver:
      1. Select "Participate" during the account connection setup. If the connection is already setup, select at "Tools > Account Connections > Kinetick > Change > Next > Next"
      2. Connect to Kinetick and your broker at the same time.

Review all the information at: http://www.kinetick.com/cme-validation

Once you validate it may take up to a day to add the fee waived exchanges which will be added automatically after validating. You will want to use the above steps since I do not have a record of the validation on my servers yet.

2. The ES will be part of the CME exchange that will be added once the waiver is validated.

3. Currently the data is delayed because the real-time exchanges have yet to be added but once you validate they will be added automatically, thus enabling real-time data and thus bridging that difference.
      Last edited by mate41; 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the info - you should see prices match closely to IB once the real-time data is enabled on your Kinetick account.

Comment

Hi Matthew,
          i'ts not possible to activate the "cme waiver participation" in my account connection of kinetick.
          I have a live account by IB and IB is connected to.
          I use NT now as demo for a couple of weeks to familiarize me with him, could this be the reason i can't activate the cme waiver ?

Comment

mate41,

Are you using a live license key that you purchased from us or a free simulation license key? Although you have a live IB account, you would need a live license key that allows you to make trades to your live IB account to participate in the waiver.

Comment

Matthew,
              i use a NT simulation key.
              Normal: i learn yet using NT so it's to dangerous to make really trades.
              I have 2 charts open and don't know if the data comes from kinetick or IB
              The times are not the same on the 2 charts; 1 with the 220 tick and 1 with the 1min.
              It's a really pain.
              I have to pay for data to get real-time data for using with NT (learning) and nothing do what it suppose to do.
              Attached a screenshot.
              Left = 220tick chart, middle 1min chart, right TWS from ib.
              Do you see the difference ? bars,times
              Kinetick and IB are connected.
              Attached Files

Comment

mate41,

I'm seeing the same last price on both of the charts. Is the issue just the time you see for the last bar? It is not clear from that screen shot what the issue is.

Who are you connected to first? IB or Kinetick?

Comment

Matthew,
                  I disconnected IB and the problem is going. So It was the chart data from IB and that don't run in a tick bar-time.
                  Now I can't get S&P Emini (ES) from Kinetick (received a mail about that) if IB isn't connected. A second mail told me that i have to sign up a live account at NT.
                  Sorry, that's a bridge to far.... For learning the NT workstation i have to pay for data + for a NT live license because Kinetick won't deliver real-time S&P500E-mini data ??

Comment

mate41,

It is not necessary to get an live license to use Kinetick. If you would like to participate in the CME waiver program, you must have a live license to qualify.

If you would like real-time data from Kinetick without paying for a NinjaTrader live license, you must add the CME E-mini exchange for your Kinetick subscriptions.

You can request a change to your Kinetick account from the following link:

Comment

Matthew,
                      ok, understood.
                      Can't find in the forum or other the explanation about the connection sequence and which data is taken.
                      Didn't you say when some data from a feeder isn't available the data from the broker is taken ?

I added a snap-shot:
                      Take a look at it: (same instrument ES)
                      - on the chart on doubt it's the data from kinetick
                      - on the levelII it seems the data from IB (see TWS at the right)
                      - on the market analyser there is no data for QG nor QM = must be my data from IB
                      Isn't strange ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

mate41,

Based on the results you are seeing, you must be connecting to Kinetick first and then IB.

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options...
                        1. Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.
                        2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.
                        3. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data enabled on your broker. This will get live data and any available historical data from your broker, and will allow you to use Kinetick for historical data not offered by your broker, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?multiple_connections.htm

If you do not have a market depth (level II) subscription with Kinetick, the data will automatically be pulled from your broker connection.

Comment

Originally posted by mate41 View Post
                          Matthew,
                          as explained in the topic above, data not available from Kinetick as first connection, do i obtain from my broker connected as second, do it ?
                          So why, see the picture i attached 2 reply's below, are there no quotes on the last 2 instruments in the Market Analyser.
                          I added QQQ and no quotes here also.
                          The connection order is important and the first connection will pull all of the real-time data. If the data isn't subscribed from Kinetick it will not be supplied from your broker in this connection order.

Can you please reverse the connection order and the real-time data should come from IB.

Next, you can change the way historical data is loaded from Tools--> Account Connections and disabling historical data on either connection.

So in your case, this is what I would suggest: you are looking for historical tick data to supplement the tick data your broker doesn't provide. Since you do not recieve real-time data from Kinetick at this time under your current subscripton, you will not receive real-time data with Kinetick connected first. So with this said, you would want to use option 2:

2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.
                          If this is still not working as expected, please email me at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]come Attn: Matthew and I'll remote into your PC and get this setup for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                          0 responses