Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load NinjaTrader vendor dll

Hi
    Despite reinstall I get this error (which includes path in MyDocs\NinjaTrader 7\bin\CustomNinjaTrader.Vendor.dll and "cannot find")

There is a .cs file there, but no dll.

Ideas pls. Thanks

Hello DaveDave,

Are there any DLLs listed in the Custom folder? Is it just the NinjaTrader.Vendor.DLL you cannot locate?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for quick reply.
      I see 5 files there,
      NinjaTrader.Custom.dll, .csproj, .xml
      the Vendor.cs one
      AssemblyInfo.cs
      and various sub-dirs.

Comment

Hello DaveDave,

I realize you tried reinstalling once before, however I would like to try once again using the following steps.

Please try the following steps to reinstall NinjaTrader without your 3rd party add-ons. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.
        1) Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?creating_a_backup_archive.htm
        2) Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista/7).
        3) Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder.
        4) Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader at the link below.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm
        5) Restore your settings and test again for further issues.

Comment

hi again, re "Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked", can I do that without running NT?

Comment

Hello,

No you will need to run NinjaTrader to start the backup.

Comment

I should have been more clear, when I start NT I get the error message I describe and NT aborts. So I can't.
              Sorry for confusion.

Comment

DaveDave,

In order for me to help determine why this is occurring, I will need to review your log and trace files from the last date that this occurred.

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your most recent log and trace files, Attn: Matthew in the Subject line and a reference to this thread.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                • The log file will be named ‘log.20110912.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                • The trace file will be named ‘trace.20110912.txt’

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.

Comment

Bertrand's email reply (thanks) re exclusive file access and checking backup / security didn't help directly as I couldn't see any conflicts or access issues.
                  To check file permissions I did a manual creation of the .dll without problems, I then started NT and it ran OK and I saw the .dll being rewritten.
                  The machine has not been restarted, so quite what the fix actually was I don't know.

BUT I'm very disappointed that I still can't connect to IB's TWS (918.9b Aug4th), I mean this has been going on a while here and hardly constitutes a major engineering challenge to address. What do you lot have against IB and their users?

Comment

DaveDave,

We love Interactive Brokers and their users - but keep in mind that they are on a more rapid release schedule than we are. When the current version of NinjaTrader is developed, it is designed to work with the current version of TWS (917.8 as of this last release). We have no control over the changes and release of the updates to the TWS builds and do what we can to stay as current as possible. However due to the nature of the these releases, we will most likley be a few builds behind TWS.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes