Ctrl + left Hot key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ctrl + left Hot key

This combo appears to move the chart back in time which is fine - BUT it is not mapped in the hotkey manager and I would like to replace the combo with my own.

Is it possible or is this combo hard set?

Hello Mindset,

Ctrl + left arrow key does not move the chart back in time on my end. It does move when only using the left arrow key.

I can use 'Ctrl + left arrow key' as a hot key in the Hot Key Manager. Can you please check if you can use 'Ctrl + left arrow key' as a hot key in the Hot Key Manager as well.

If not, please tell me what happens when you try to do so and let me know what version you have installed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

The behaviour I have is that it moves one bar back in time(X Axis) with the left arrow key and approx one whole screen with Ctrl + left arrow.

Comment

Hello Mindset,

I tested some more on my end and 'Crtl + left arrow key' does move back the chart a page on some occassions. However, it is not consistent - it does not move back a page each time. It seems to occur only for the first two attempts.

I can still use 'Ctrl + left arrow key' in the Hot Key Manager for a different action. For example, I used it to draw a regular Line. When I use the key combination, it will move back the chart and also turns the cursor into a Pen so I can draw a Line in the chart.

I will forward these findings to our Development team. Thank you for reporting.

Comment

Cool

Yes - when I code up Ctrl + left arrow it does the job I want but also moves the page one along - which is not expected :-)
          Hope it can be sorted easily by the dev team.

Comment

Have also not ever been able to get Ctrl + Left to work properly.

Also notice that Ctrl + Apps or Alt + Apps will not work quite correctly...both will work if one clicks immediately upon selecting the Hot Key, but will not work if you wait a moment....

Thanks....

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for reporting as well. I experience the same issue with the Apps key in combination with the Ctrl key on my end. 'Alt + Apps' works as expected - once I use this key combination, the cursor will remain a Pen. I will forward these findings to Development as well.

Comment

Alt + Apps....

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Hello Alfred,

Thank you for reporting as well. I experience the same issue with the Apps key in combination with the Ctrl key on my end. 'Alt + Apps' works as expected - once I use this key combination, the cursor will remain a Pen. I will forward these findings to Development as well.
                Minor stuff....Alt + Apps works for me roughly about 50% to 65% of the time for the pen to remain ...by still holding the hot keys down when pen disappears.... this will still work then to place an object when clicking... Ctrl + Left is still not working correctly.

Last edited by Alfred; 03-04-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for the follow up.

I will update development on the situation and follow up with any tracking ID's I can obtain regarding the CTRL + Left hot key.
                  Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Anfedport  
                  Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes