IB + Kinetick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB + Kinetick

Hi - I'd like to access market data thru Kinetick but would like to trade with IB through the NT DOM. I assume it's possible to connect to both on the NT platform - can you point me to an FAQ or somewhere in the support documentation to show me how to get this to work? thks!

Hello EzCohen,

Thank you for your post. Sure, you can read more about how NinjaTrader works with multiple connections here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks - so if I read this right, I should connect first to Kinetick (which NT will prioritize first as the data source) and then connect to IB? And NT will direct orders to the IB connection and draw chart data from Kinetick?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, that is correct.

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options. The first option would be ideal in your situation, but I'm also including the alternatives.

1. Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.
        2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.
        3. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data enabled on your broker. This will get live data and any available historical data from your broker, and will allow you to use Kinetick for historical data not offered by your broker, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hello,

Yes, that is correct.

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options. The first option would be ideal in your situation, but I'm also including the alternatives.

1. Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.
          2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.
          3. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data enabled on your broker. This will get live data and any available historical data from your broker, and will allow you to use Kinetick for historical data not offered by your broker, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.
          Is one way more efficient or faster than the other?

I just opened an IB account and haven't subscribed to any IB data, so its all delayed. I am going to sign up for NT and Kinetic data, using Kinetics CME data package to trade mostly crude, gold, natgas and S&P.

Just wondering what would be the best set up, or if the 3 options you mentioned are indifferent?

Thanks

Comment

It may depend what you're trading and the amount of data you typically request. FOREX data is not centralized, so it may make sense to use the same data that you plan to execute on if trading FOREX.

One advantage to Kinetick for live/historical data here is that you'll not run into IB's data request limit. IB limits the amount of data requested and if you run into this limit, will lock the connection from further data requests for up to 10 minutes.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 09-07-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

So I am connecting to Kinetick first, then my IB connection second (currently using IB paper account). Everytime I submit a trade on NT, it is going into an NT sim account, and doesn't show up in my IB paper account? How do I get trades to go through IB?

Comment

If you have a live NinjaTrader license, first please go to the File menu in the control center and uncheck "Global Simulation Mode"..

Next, when you open up an order entry window, you'll be able to select an available IB account from the Account drop down menu.

Comment

That helps, thanks alot

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ageeholdings  
                  Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM