lost connections = disabled strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost connections = disabled strategy

How do I prevent this from happening? Several time this happens to me and it's extremely frustrating because it seems to occur silently and it doesn't give me any chance to start my strategies again.

Is there any way to stop or disable this "feature"?

Hello stevent,

Yes, you can configure the behavior of your automated strategies during a disconnection at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab. More information can be found at the link below.

If you set 'Handling' to KeepRunning, your strategy will not be disabled when you experience a disconnection.

In addition, please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader, which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- Hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. It appears my Handling was set to KeepRunning, but it still disabled the strategy. Is there some other setting that controls the disabling of the strategy?

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files for the most recent day the strategy was disabled. You can find these files at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110829 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110829 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please include around what time your strategy was disabled.

You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Hello

Sorry to re-vive an old thread.... But was a solution found ?

I'm basically running the same issue.

I regularly have during early mornings some IB disconnects, and if luck is not on my side, these disconnects occur just when my Strategy sends an order.
          This results in NT7 disconnecting my strat, and my cellphone waking me up at 5am because NinjaMonitor triggered an alert ...

NT7 is configured in KeepRunning errorHandling, and i do not have the "sync account position" option.

Shouldn't this be handled by the KeepRunning option ?

Comment

Hello zark.be,

Sorry I cannot recall. Could you please send me your log and trace files as well. Put 'Attn Jason, lost connections = disabled strategy' in the subject header.

Comment

Hello Jason,
              I am having the same issue frequently with the same settings as zark.be. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Juan

Comment

Hello Juan,

Can you please send me your log and trace files as well.

Comment

Look at this thread:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM