Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange

Hello,

for few days now it occurs that when compiling a strategy the name of the strategy appears in the coding. I have no idea why this happens. First I thought when I have eg EnterLong (1,"L3") and strategy name is L3 then there´s some problem. But when I change eg strategyname to TrendLong1 then I find in the coding after compiling

{
    EnterLong(10000, "L1");
    EnterLong(10000, "L2");
    EnterLong(10000, "TrendLong1");
    EnterLong(10000, "L4");
    }

NT 7.0.1000.6

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony, I have not heard of a case like this so thanks for the report, can you please let us know how we would reproduce this? Does it happen everytime you copy to a new script? Does it happpen on any of your strategies or only on a particular one?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

I remember that I had strategy named "L2" with 4 longentries L1....L4

Then I made some changes and saved to strategy L3.

After backtesting I wondered about entries and exits and checked strategy and I found

setstoploss L1
      setstoploss L3
      setstoploss L3
      setstoploss L4

enterlongL1
      enterlongL3
      enterlongL3
      enterlongL4

so I thought NT has a problem when strategy name is same as an order (in this case L3) as you see NT had changed my setstoploss and enterlong from L2 to L3

so I change strategy-name to TrendLong1 and as you see in the inital post then I have instead of L3 now TrendLong1

First NT changed my L2 to L3 when I saved and compiled with L3, then after recognizing an issue I saved as TrendLong1 and NT replaced my L3 with TrendLong1

Best
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Tony, I have not heard of a case like this so thanks for the report, can you please let us know how we would reproduce this? Does it happen everytime you copy to a new script? Does it happpen on any of your strategies or only on a particular one?

Thanks,
      Last edited by tonynt; 08-21-2011, 09:03 AM. Reason: explanation

Comment

Hi Tony, I could reproduce this here - reason is if you 'save as' all instances of the script name would be replaced with the new script name, so please keep the strategy name different from your stop / target names to avoid confusion.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Betrand,

as this is was I thought I changed the name of the script to TrendLong1. "TrendLong1" wasn´t a stop or target name in the strategy! But after "save as" "TrendLong1" the L3 was replaced by the scriptname. So, if I do script "save as" "Betrand" then I have setstoploss ("Betrand"...) and enterlong(1, "Bertrand")

Best
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Hi Tony, I could reproduce this here - reason is if you 'save as' all instances of the script name would be replaced with the new script name, so please keep the strategy name different from your stop / target names to avoid confusion.
          Last edited by tonynt; 08-21-2011, 11:06 AM. Reason: clearify

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post drewski1980  
          Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes