Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom strategy compiled in dll does not appear in analyzer

Hello,

I have my custom strategy developed. I use it successfully on market replay and sim, but I need to test it further with the strategy analyzer and optimize the parameters.

There is one problem though. The strategy is not visible among other strategy scripts (these are non-dll).

Could there be some reason, why the strategy is not visible? The assembly is correct .NET 3.5 and loads succesfully via the chart.

Please help.

Thank you

Hello,

For it to show up it needs to have correct code and be part of the strategy namespace. Do you see it listed in the strategy list when you add the strategy to a chart?

Also, please make sure you have it listed in the references window? Do you have it listed here just double check this inst the problem?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I have the same problem. The strategy works fine in a chart, but it does not appear in the pulldown menu in Strategy Analyzer. None of my strategies appear there. My computer is a one year old HP desktop with windows 7. On my laptop which is older with Vista Strategy Analyzer pull-down works normally and I can backtest. How do I know if a strategy is part of the strategy namespace?
      Last edited by ervfuchs; 08-21-2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

ervfuchs, welcome to our forums here - if you compile all your scrips in the editor - would any error(s) show up then at the bottom?

If you open the scripts up you can check in which namespace they reside, they need to be in the Strategy one to be listed under the Strategies dropdown then.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes