Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with session template

See text in attached chart.
    I've got a 7777 volume chart of the ES (I just like that setting), and it's supposedly set to a session template of Default 24/7, yet this morning I have a humongous gap down from yesterday's trading. On a similar Tradestation chart, there is no gap, just a gentle downslope over several overnight hours.
    My question is--why is there a gap in my chart? I thought that "default 24/7" meant a session template that captured all the data--clearly there is data missing here. What's going on and how do I fix this?
    Thanks,
    Tasuki
    Attached Files

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your post.

So I may be of further assistance, can you please clarify who you are connected to for data? I know you mention viewing this same instrument in TradeStation, but is this the data provider being used for data in NinjaTrader as well?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasuki View Post
      See text in attached chart.
      I've got a 7777 volume chart of the ES (I just like that setting), and it's supposedly set to a session template of Default 24/7, yet this morning I have a humongous gap down from yesterday's trading. On a similar Tradestation chart, there is no gap, just a gentle downslope over several overnight hours.
      My question is--why is there a gap in my chart? I thought that "default 24/7" meant a session template that captured all the data--clearly there is data missing here. What's going on and how do I fix this?
      Thanks,
      Tasuki
      Just reload all historical data.

If doing so from the chart does not fix the problem, it has happened to me twice, when it did not do so), use the Download Manager.

Comment

James, I'm using Zenfire through Mirus. My Tradestation is completely separate.

koganam, thanks for your suggestion. Sorry, I'm such a newbie that I don't know how to implement either of the tactics your recommended.
        I don't see anything that says "Download Manager" per se.
        Under "Tools" there's something called "Historical Data Manager"--is that it?
        Under File/Utilities, I see "Download Replay Data". Could that be it?

On the chart, I right-clicked and found "reload all historical data" and I left-clicked on it, but that didn't have any effect, so I guess I need to figure out that other way you mentioned.

BTW, I'm using Ninja v.7.0.1000.1

Many thanks,
        Tasuki

Comment

Originally posted by Tasuki View Post
          James, I'm using Zenfire through Mirus. My Tradestation is completely separate.

koganam, thanks for your suggestion. Sorry, I'm such a newbie that I don't know how to implement either of the tactics your recommended.
          I don't see anything that says "Download Manager" per se.
          Under "Tools" there's something called "Historical Data Manager"--is that it?
          Under File/Utilities, I see "Download Replay Data". Could that be it?

On the chart, I right-clicked and found "reload all historical data" and I left-clicked on it, but that didn't have any effect, so I guess I need to figure out that other way you mentioned.

BTW, I'm using Ninja v.7.0.1000.1

Many thanks,
          Tasuki
          Oops. Yes, it is "Historical Data Manager"-. Sorry for misleading you. That will teach me to check things before I spout off.

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for the clarification. You will need to first update NinjaTrader and recreate your connection to Zen-Fire.

Upgrade Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Upgrade-Guide.php
            Download NinjaTrader: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
            Zen-Fire Connection Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Once the update has been installed, please test again and let me know if you are able to receive this historical data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
              Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for the clarification. You will need to first update NinjaTrader and recreate your connection to Zen-Fire.

Upgrade Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Upgrade-Guide.php
              Download NinjaTrader: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
              Zen-Fire Connection Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Once the update has been installed, please test again and let me know if you are able to receive this historical data.
              Well, I guess you're right, James. I followed koganam's idea first, and went to Tools/Historical Data Manager/Reload and clicked "Reload All" but the original error I described did not go away.
              I've been avoiding the business of "up"grading to your latest version because I will lose all the indicators I paid $495 for. Clearly, I'm not happy about this, and I wish you folks hadn't made the "up"grade process so painful (or costly).
              Tasuki

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

I understand your frustration and would like to see what can be done.

Can you please send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Partner Relations in the subject line and a reference to this forum post?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post The_Sec
                by The_Sec

Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                1 response